Ben Carson?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by AtlantaSports, Aug 31, 2015.

1. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

So, you'd be in Congress?

2. AtlantaSports

It's not fair to categorize Ben Carson like that, I agree. The post that you quoted was super ignorant and I do not think that anyone really agreed with it.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Nah, I'd rather be like the Koch brothers or a right-leaning version of Soros.

4. AtlantaSports

Hey, I could see you doing it haha.

5. 111kg

111kg Guest

Sorrry, but I think that you are wrong. Ben Carson is or was a brilliant doctor and that's pretty much it. On the other hand, Trump is a brilliant manager and I think that's what the USA are in need of.

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

The polls suggest otherwise. Trump may be leading in the GOP polls but that's because there are people who like Bush and the other candidates. But if Trump was to go head to head with Carson he'd lose.
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/carson-is-only-gop-candidate-who-beats-trump-in-head-to-head-matchup/

However since it's unlikely the other candidates would withdraw their candidacy to support Carson, the likelihood of him securing the GOPs nomination is still rather slim.

7. Morningstar328

Morningstar328 New Member

Personally I'm feeling refreshed by Dr. Carson. I would love to see him beat out Donald Trump for the republican nomination. I've never been a big fan of Donald Trump to be honest. He's going to make a tv show out of the presidency if he gets elected. I would rather see him take the position over Hilary Clinton, but if I have my way Ben Carson won't even give him the chance. Dr. Ben Carson is extremely intelligent and he has the type of moral values I would want to see in a president. The fact that he doesn't have much experience in a political position is only that much more appealing to me. Oh and by the way, if Kanye West isn't laughed out of the debate room and is seriously considered for democratic nomination in 2020, I will seriously consider moving to Canada or Eastern Europe. What a joke!

8. chrisanswer

chrisanswer Member

In order to even discuss Ben Carson's viability as a candidate, one must first suspend reality in bypassing the fact that a black man will never be chosen by Republicans. If you can somehow imagine an alternative universe where this can happen, then you can begin to assess his chances. So, in a world where its possible for Ben Carson to win the nomination, What chance does he have?

Slim to one is the short answer. He's polling pretty low, stable, but low. Its not even clear whether he's running for the presidency. He seems to want to be Donald Trumps Vice President, and he may succeed in that. At the moment he has no jobs plan, economic plan, health plan, or tax code to speak off. He claims to be a fiscal conservative but in these early days, before anyone has come under scrutiny It's impossible to assess candidates. He's not a career politician which is always good in the presidential race and so far he hasn't really done anything wrong. He's done little right - he's done very little, and maybe that's a good thing. Time will tell.

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

There are plenty of black conservative Republican congressmen in the US as we speak - Tim Scott comes immediately to mind as someone I'd definitely seriously consider voting for president if he ever ran. If you're implying that all or even most Republicans are racist, I take offense to that and tell you to take that elsewhere.

10. AtlantaSports

He's a brilliant mind. We need smart people in office. We do not want a guy whose ties from all the major TV stations were severed, whose businesses went bankrupt and whose hair looks like a dead animal.