Ben Carson?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by AtlantaSports, Aug 31, 2015.

1. mooray

mooray Well-Known Member

I dont have faith in Ben Carson anymore. Not after he said that a Muslim should not be allowed to run for president. Granted, if a Muslim runs for White-house, most Americans would not elect him/her but that does not mean that Ben Carson should air such phobic statements. Who advices him anyway? Whatever he said about Muslims will surely affect his polls.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't believe that Carson is the BEST candidate we have for president, and I doubt he'll get the nomination. But I would vote for him.

As for the muslim thing, I believe he was referring to sharia law being at odds with our Constitution. There's no way in hell any sane, rational American should want such a thing imposed on the country, which is what strict interpretation of the religion would call for.

Perhaps a "moderate muslim" would not try to impose his or her religion on anyone else, and would not be for sharia law or any other radical legislation at odds with the Constitution. But I also see that moderate muslims in general seem to fear the radical muslims and seem to be reluctant in most cases to try to keep them in line. I don't think it's such a huge stretch to fear that a "moderate" president may be influenced and intimidated by "radicals" into doing things that could be disasterous for the country.

Keith Ellison is an example of a (obviously radical leaning) muslim elected to congress who is a disaster. And I don't think it's coincidental that so many young Americans in his area have been converting to islam, adopting radical ideals, and even have been caught trying to help Isis in various ways.

I also think it's rich that those on the left bring up freedom of religion when muslims are involved, yet they do and say all sorts of things that suppress and ridicule Christianity (and even Judaism) and those who choose to follow it. If a Christian baker refuses to bake a cake for a gay wedding, he's put out of business, sued, fined, and has his life threatened. If a muslim refuses, the "customer" simply goes elsewhere... And no, I'm not religious myself.

It's also odd how black conservatives like Carson, Allen West, Tim Scott, and others are not afforded the race card like those who are leftists and militants are automatically.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  3. 111kg

111kg Guest

The sharia law is pretty much stupid and old aged. But even if the authorities don't know it or don't know how to control it, it's still used in certain communities.

In the US, Islam can not be imposed. There are too many Christians.

Well, take a lot of Turkey. Everything went well until Erdogan came around. He is for Turkey what John McCaffee would be for America. A shame. The thing is most of the moderate muslims fear the radicals for one reason: because one day they will be pressured to do certain things in the name of Allah.

I try my best not to become racist, but I don't want to deal with muslims, no matter they are moderate or not. There are too many red flags raised for me to even consider voting one. And it's not because I have a different religion, because I am not really religious, it's because they have a religion that is prone to rape, bigotry, violence and so on.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Lots of things are happening in Obama's America that "could never happen" a decade ago. I've learned to never say never, and very little shocks or surprises me anymore. It's the same sort of thing people were saying before Hitler rose up. What's that saying about good men doing nothing that allows evil to flourish?

5. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

For me, any candidate who does not treat every law-abiding citizen as morally equal, with equal access to all of the rights and opportunities that come with citizenship, is a non-starter. That is the founding ideal of the nation.

6. FrankieD

FrankieD Well-Known Member

Recently, as I'm sure many of you know, Ben Carson expressed his lack of approval toward someone being President of the U.S. if their faith was Islam. I heard his explanation later on that it was due to how much they bring their faith into public life, and how that is against the Constitution.

What cracks someone like me up about this is that he is very religious, which means he too believes in things without evidence and claims truths he can't know. He just picked a different religion that also traces back to Abraham as Islam does - Christianity. So it's one ice cream flavor rejecting another flavor - but they are both ice cream.

Furthermore, he claims Islam brings too much religion into public life yet that is exactly what he does. For example, his entire flat tax plan is based on the Bible, as he explained in the second debate. He believes we should all have a 10% tax rate to match 10% tithing in the Bible. That is bringing your religion into public life, clearly. What a hypocrite.

7. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

No one would have imagined this but it appears like more people are getting to like Carson. A new poll shows that Carson ties Trump in race for GOP nomination.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ce-gop-2016-nomination-poll-article-1.2376180
    Interesting. But question is will either of them get the GOP's nomination?

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

The fact that he isn't a career politician, should be the main reason that he does get into lower as I think at least he'd have a sense of what the everyday man wants and thinks. He'll not be detached from the electorate like it seems most of the others are.

9. greybird29

greybird29 Member

I like and respect the man as a person he has came from poverty and made something great out of his life by hard work and dedication. He is doing well in the ratings right up there with Trump. Unlike Trump he has limited funds and it is going to be difficult to compete with the amount of money and support for Trump. He is also limited on political experience and in the political arena right now it is a brutal Dog eat Dog situation.
    If the presidential election was tomorrow, even if Biden was on the ballot I honestly do not know who I would vote for.

10. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I believe that more Republican candidates will drop out and their supporters may opt to back another candidate. So while Carson and Trump may be way ahead in the polls currently neither of them as yet has the assurance of getting the GOP's nomination. And everyone knows it. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I'm beginning to suspect that Americans are being psychologically prepared for something. It could be a rigged election. But that's only if neither Carson nor Trump get the GOPs nomination.