Ben Carson?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by AtlantaSports, Aug 31, 2015.

1. FrankieD

FrankieD Well-Known Member

I'm saying at a time when we need to be more competitive in the world, like with science, we can't have a President who thinks gay is a choice and is likely ok with the sad fact that there are many schools in America that ban the teaching of evolution. Carson is on the religious right side of the fence that is against the kind of progress society will be making and needs to make. He wants the tax rate to be the Bible tithing rate of 10%. We don't need more bronze age religion put upon us. Just recently he was talking about the school shooting and making stupid comments. I will be disappointed and concerned if this guy becomes President.

2. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Good point, FrankieD. I am more troubled by his comments regarding Creationism, evolution, etc. He's certainly entitled to his personal beliefs, but holding to notions that kooky and outside established science is strange. It also calls into question his reasoning ability. It is even more bizarre-o considering his solid medical background.

3. Highhiker

Highhiker New Member

Not any experience but that may be the best thing about him. He is not corrupted by DC yet. We could certainly do a lot worse.

4. SilverMill

SilverMill Active Member

Ben Carson is a good and principled man. He and Donald will make a good and balanced leaders of USA as President and Vice President, if that could be possible. People want leaders who are competent, wise, and brave to stand up and speak freely about Obama and his administration's incompetence and stupidity.

5. 111kg

111kg Guest

Donald Trump is whatever you want to be, but not balanced. He may be a good manager indeed, but when it comes to being balanced, he is far from it.

6. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

I liked him a little bit, but he advocates for forced vaccinations which isn't right. It's against our human rights to decide for ourselves how we will raise our children. It's not up to men in power.

7. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

He's getting a lot of press, but he seems to be misquoted a lot, so maybe he needs to consider what he says and ensure that doesn't happen. I think any person that has strong beliefs is entitled to them, but should not be used when you wish to represent the majority and if it affects huge sectors of people.

Some of his views are too Conservative and for the traditionalists that may suit them, but they do hold the country back. One should try to balance the two, because that's how society evolves, rather than stand still in old ideas.

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

They're really gunning for him now, and he's firing back. His base is getting more fired up, and he's receiving more $ since the media is going after him about a couple of things he mentioned in his 1998 book from his childhood.

While I do believe that all candidates need to be thoroughly (and honestly) vetted, he and others have a valid point in mentioning how the media largely refused to vet Obama, and how they otherwise show bias in such ways as not reporting on the proof uncovered in the Congressional hearing a couple of weeks ago concerning Hillary lying about the Benghazi attack to the public and the victims' families while telling her own family and a select few others the truth.

9. 111kg

111kg Guest

Am I the only one who thinks that his affirmations concerning the pyramids of Gizah are an insult to out intelligence?

10. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

It will be interesting to see how Carson performs on the debate tonight. He will likely be taking a lot of heat as the candidate who has a slim lead over Trump. All I can say about Carson is that in my opinion he is a slight improvement over Trump.