best dividend stocks?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by yossup, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

dividend aristocrat sounds like something I should definitely get my hands on and research. I do like the idea of dividends, which I would not have to worry about always taking a loss vs gambling. I think when I do get the chance I would do long term investing. Especially if I go with investing into Microsoft stocks.

2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

That is not too bad to sell the stock for Seadrill for $38. What stocks do you have right now and how much of each? Is Seadrill good stock to invest in long term investing?

3. desperatepower

desperatepower Member

I think tobacco companies are pretty good for this, they give good dividence are pretty much rescission proof. The only thing that can bring them down is if the government brings in new legislation making it harder for these companies to live. Apart from that they are pretty safe!

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Yes dividend aristocrats are great for long term investors looking for safe bets. And as you can guess, as the dividend continuously goes up, so does the share price.

Just remember that in general they are already very expensive and the dividend yield is low. But that's the nature of the beast: risk and profit always go hand in hand.

5. JadeDoo

JadeDoo Well-Known Member

Possibly another good entry point for Seadrill in my opinion for those that can take some risk. Know that if oil goes to $65 or 60 bucks, this might be a $10 stock; but that will probably only happen if we hit some huge recession. Otherwise I see easily a conservative 20%+ gain in the in 3 months.

6. TipdOff

TipdOff Well-Known Member

Take a look at Mattel (MAT) and At&T (T). Both companies are profitable, stable companies paying a solid dividend. Especially Mattel is trading at low price levels at the moment.

Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 11.31.33 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 11.32.34 AM.jpg

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Kinder Morgan.

And IEP has been paying $4.50 annually the last couple of years.

8. jeekqing

jeekqing New Member

well ,it is a good post ,i am sue you are a talent

9. BullishFTW

BullishFTW Member

APTS (Preferred Apartment Communities Inc), PAYX (Paychex Inc), and this little gem YORW (York Water Co).

10. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Interesting pick. I'm also a big fan of utilities, especially water related. It's just one of those basic needs that will not go away. Even with electricity generation and to some extent, distribution, there is a chance of new technologies making a big impact but I'm fairly certain that everyone is going to need water. And there simply is no other efficient way to deliver water than these current pipelines.

So yes, big fan of the business model. It's kind of a sure bet for me, though of course income growth is limited due to it being a regulated business. My pick of choice is WTR mainly due to their great management and agressive acquisition policy.