Biden, Warren have impromptu Saturday meeting amid 2016 speculation

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Aug 23, 2015.

1. mooray

mooray Well-Known Member

I think it is per-mature to judge the election results based on the polls right now. Yes, the email scandal was a blow to Hillary Clinton but I think she will bounce back. I remember Obama was not the favorite runner on the poll but he did manage to win. I don't think Bidden stands a chance against Clinton.

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I think its pretty sad how the Democrats are trying to foist Hillary Clinton on their own voters, and in turn, the nation. Its pretty clear the DNC is in the tank for her. Shes pulling in all the big money. And their limiting the number of debates in order to protect her. If I were a Democrat I'd want a more fair and open process. They are clearly not getting it as this point.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

It's obvious that the Clinton camp is more worried than they let on, or else she would not have returned from her vacation early. :D

4. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article33590349.html
    Biden appeared today at Miami-Dade, speaking on the value of community colleges, and attracted a lot of press coverage. No doubt he was testing the campaign waters, but he ducked reporters' shouted questions on in or out. (And the drip-drip-drip onto Clinton's emails continue...) I still believe the Dems are attempting to construct a plausible excuse to drop Clinton for Biden prior to the October 13 debate in Nevada. But I've been wrong before.

5. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I don't think that Hillary is going to be the candidate du jour. There is a big opening for Biden to get in right now, and his meeting with Diane Warren seems to indicate a willingness to run. Biden is old and emotionally shell shocked currently. I think it may be hard for him to get his candidacy going, but that being said, it doesn't mean it shouldn't or won't happen. I just read something on facebook that the Democrats are going to have a landslide win in 2016. This was a source that had never gotten an election production wrong in 80 years, and somehow I don't see Hillary winning in a landslide.

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Update:

Biden now says his family will decide whether he should run for president. I have no doubt they'll demand that he honors the wishes of his son so I'm supposing that any time from now, he'll be announcing his candidacy:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/biden-family-will-decide-whether-he-runs-president-n421486
    Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday night he "will not hesitate" to run for president next year — but only if his family is up to it . . . I'll be straightforward with you: The most relevant factor in my decision is whether my family and I have the emotional energy to run," Biden said during an appearance at a synagogue in Atlanta.

7. spaceboytaylor

spaceboytaylor Active Member

Let's not forget that this isn't just Hillary and the possible Biden. Although his numbers aren't quite as high, Bernie Sanders is really moving up and fast. I wouldn't be suprised if Biden doesn't enter the race and Sanders gives Clinton a run for her money. He seems to have a big youth vote and from what 2008 has shown us, the youth vite is a very powerful thing to have. So while it would be interesting to see Biden enter the race, I wouldn't call him the last resort of thr democratic party that is losing faith in Clinton.

8. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Sanders has as much of a chance as I do to get the Dem nomination. I have no chance. The low information voters may not be paying attention to the political scene, as we all have discussed in these forum threads, and Hillary will pull a head fake to take the presumptive nomination if Buden does not run. Biden has to make up his mind in time to do the state primary filings and prepare for the October 13 debate. I still believe Obama and Jarrett are seizing the email moment to push enough buttons in the back rooms of the White House to block Hillary. Doing so may allow Obama to continue his transformation agenda.

My real concern in this campaign and election is the GOP will somehow shoot themselves in the foot, and we'll be stuck with another 4/8 years of the liberal loon social community progressive mindset. The national debt will continue to increase, social-engineering tax burdens will spike, our military strength will degrade and respect for our country in the global community will suffer more than it already has.