Biden Will he or won't he?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by kgord, Sep 7, 2015.

1. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Well, he announced today that he is not running. That leaves the field to pretty much Hillary and Sanders. If Hillary's scandals result in an indictment, just Sanders.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Well, it looks like Bill Clinton's golf game with Obama a few weeks ago sealed it. Obama speaking last week on tv about the investigation in a way that was helpful to Hillary, and now Biden not entering... plus Sanders taking the emails off the table for the remainder of the Dem nomination process...

The only questions I have at this point are if McCarthy and the NY Republican congressman's foolish comments about the Benghazi investigations were just their own stupidity or something else at work?

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Joe just kicked off the HRC coronation. It begins. Thanks, Joe. Pfft. Lessee... Hilliary's Benghazi testimony tomorrow will be quite revealing. I think I have a headache... I know I have a headache...

4. SteakTartare

Agreed with the last two posts; something stinks to high heaven. This may very well mean the FBI isn't going to pursue the e-mail scandal much further, the Dems know it, and could safely let Joe walk.

I'd add a Hillary-Sanders presidency would be a nightmare.

5. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

Can someone please tell me what conspiracy you are seeing here. All I see is Biden decided not to do it. And the Benghazi gambit was ruined by Republicans running off at the mouth about it.

6. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I don't think Obama and Jarrett are very happy. The Obamas and Clintons don't like each other. I am more concerned the conservatives in the Republican party will shoot themselves in their collective foot and we'll have an untrustworthy Alinsky-Cloward-Piven progressive for 4 or 8 years following the current transformational community organizer.

7. SteakTartare

+1. The track record of GOP doing exactly that in recent memory is pretty bad. I fear the establishment 'pubs will find the biggest RINO available and will make him/her the candidate who will, in turn, go down in flames in the general election.

8. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

He didn't. LOL. He just announced today. He was in the senate for over 40 years, ran for president twice and lost but he served his vice presidency well and good. From what I read he's no longer running since his family is still mourning the death of their son Bo from brain cancer. I really feel bad for him, losing your son to an early demise is very hard.

9. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

It looks like Hillary will easily get the Democrats nomination. Despite all indications to the contrary there are some analysts who still believe Sanders will be the next president of the U.S. They could be dreaming but stranger things have happened and I do hope that this is one of those times when strange things happen. The Democrats have bee in office long enough.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

What I dint get is the reasoning he came out with and the speach he gave after he announced he won't run.

He basically said he's the right man for the job, he's the most experienced man for the job, and he will do a better job than Hilary ever would.

If he bekuces that, then why isn't he running then? Something doesn't add up to me, but at the end of the day, the decision as been made.