Bizare. Boy awakes from coma with an insaitable desire for cheese and the mouth of a sailor!

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by ScooterBrandon, Feb 28, 2016.

1. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

2. rz3300

rz3300 Guest

That really is a sad story, but certainly an interesting one and one that would probably perk the ears up of a few doctors and medical professionals out there. I automatically thought of the television show House when I first read this. It really does just show you how complex the brain is, you are right.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Apparently it's something that has been happening regularly lately. I read this story about someone who woke up from surgery thinking that she was Kylie Jenner.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...nd-is-not-at-all-happy-about-it/1/604294.html
    There has to be something in the anesthesia being used . . .

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Well, apparently, it's quite common for people awakening from comas to be more aggressive. That explains the bad words from his mouth. But the cheese one is quite interesting and intriguing. They really cannot explain what made him addicted to cheese. But I am quite happy to know he is in therapy now. I hope all goes well for him.

P.S.

I read before that cheese in itself can be quite addictive because of the casomorphins in it.

5. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

This is really something weird. It's a good thing though that the boy is now awake from his coma and is now undergoing therapy but his behavior after waking up is really something hard to understand by non-medical people. The brain does work in ways that can be hard to interpret at times. I wish the best for this boy and his family. :)