'Border Patrol SUV’ packed with illegals runs into trouble in Texas

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Dec 13, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/12...er-patrol-find-it-packed-with-illegals-283759
    Can't make this stuff up. And people made fun of the @realDonaldTrump suggestion to build a wall? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. petesede

petesede Guest

I live south of the border. You realize they have thousands of tunnels already built, and they will just build more. The success rate for getting into the USA is about 99% and spending 6 billion dollars to build a wall is not going to lower it 1 percent. This isn´t 4th century BC china.

People where I am from come home for holidays, weddings and whatever and then just sneak back into the USA. A wall will do nothing, they will probably use the exact same tunnels, if not, they will build some that are a bit deeper. It will cost Trump $6 billion to build a wall, and the coyates $100 to tunnel under it in a few days.

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Give me a break. Obviously, the "wall" exercise is to deal with drug smuggling, gun running and the overloading (at the expense of us taxpayers) of USA human and social services at the Federal and state level. Immigration through proper channels isn't the problem here. Pfft.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

If our leaders had any sense, it would be a good idea to re-allocate some of the money we waste on things like a bloated, corrupt IRS (and a million other wasteful things) towards a sensible, aggressive immigration enforcement policy - borders, visas, etc, etc. It's part of national security and defense - and therefore part of the federal government's job as far as I'm concerned.