Boy slain in human sacrifice

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by anorexorcist, Aug 6, 2015.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I think most if not all ancient indigenous people use to practice some kind of sacrificial offerings to their gods and or spirits. It could be an animal or human sacrifice. Modernization and the law of man has pretty much outlawed it, but there are still cultures that are still in their primal levels because they have not integrated into the modern world.

Why is it still happening in this day and age? It could be insanity, or maybe just perhaps, deep rooted religious beliefs are in play here. I can't read the article, it got moved, so I'm left with speculation at this point. But what I'm trying to say here is this. Every Sunday, if I tell you that I eat the flesh and drink the blood of the man that I worship. Does that sound crazy to you? It happens every week.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

It's supposed to be metaphoric not literal as the Catholics make it appear to be. Fact is when Jesus told the Jews that they had to eat His Flesh and drink His Blood most of His disciples stopped following Him because they didn't understand what He meant. His reference was to Spiritual flesh and blood and Him being the Word of God . . .

The Catholics claim that they create the body and blood of Jesus is blasphemy.