Brazilian transit workers on strike

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Philosophydaddy, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Philosophydaddy

Philosophydaddy Member

Brazil, while in the worlds spotlight due to the upcoming world cup, seems to be folding from the pressure. First the main stadium isn't done and now this. Seems to me like Brazil needs to shape up their act before kick off or we might be in for an interesting spectacle of a World Cup tournament.

2. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

Now that they've even lost it, it's surprising that there are no protests and whatnot. :D

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

They might be protesting, but the World Cup is over, so no one really cares anymore about what's going on in Brazil...

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Well I don't like seeing workers getting screwed over no matter what. It is tough trying to keep a job in any country. I just hope that Brazil cleans up the issue and not screw people over wages.

5. ReinbachThe3rd

ReinbachThe3rd Active Member

It'll be back during the Olympics and I can feel for the people there. Those big types of sporting events are never good for the public as they tend to get funded by the governments and don't end up making a profit back. FIFA/IOC sell these cities big dreams and get stars in their eyes and then once they're done all the buildings and infrastructure just end up going to waste. I believe only Salt Lake City has managed to make a profit off them.

Not to mention all the security detail and the homes destroyed for these opulent stadiums...

6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Stadiums would definitely fall victim to mass riots and poorly secured sectors. I only can imagine what those people are going through. Especially since Brazil lost more than once in the world cup, which I thought that was embarrassing.

7. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I wonder why they were protesting, they had enough time to get ready for the whole thing, they knew it in advance.