Brexit vote might affect US election

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Jun 19, 2016.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/06/16/How-Brexit-Could-Sink-Clinton-and-Hand-Election-Trump

I won't be surprised if the markets this week and next are wonky, but I'd be surprised if Brexit could impact our November vote. The majority of the electorate do not have an appreciation of the inter-connected global economy. A sudden loss of US jobs could attract attention and might change things up. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

If they decide they want to cut loose, more power to 'em, I say.

Soros and others seem to be concerned about short term market volatility such a move may cause - as if we've never experienced short term market volatility before and won't again. And as if Soros and other more advanced investors among us can't possibly profit from such possible short term negativity in the markets... Not to mention the future buying opportunities such a selloff can present for investors in general.

4. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

It looks like the Brexit results will be known around Friday 7 am BST (Friday 2 am EST in NA).

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/when-will-we-know-the-result-of-the-brexit-vote-2016-06-21

Bloomberg TV is live from Europe overnight here in NA (on cable and on its Roku channel). Sky News is live on a Roku channel as well. Other sources are the BBC (TV, radio, web) and, for grins, the Daily Mail newspaper website (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html). I would be surprised if CNBC, Fox Business, CNN and Fox will be live overnight.

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Sky News has been proactive well before Midnight EDT with granular voting results across the UK. Leave is ahead ~52% to stay ~48%, with London's results still in the wind. Bloomberg is providing more aggregate coverage for the UK as a whole, and is reporting that BBC and ITV has called it for the leave side. Pundits and analysis will undoubtedly drown us in verbage through the weekend. Asia is down this morning.

6. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

7. sulemanepadamo

sulemanepadamo New Member

This should be good for the rest of EU, most probably the euro will take a knock and spain, france, will increase their exports.

8. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I wouldn't be surprised if other countries pull out of the EU. The markets are about to open lower, big time.

9. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

10. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

My opinion is, Brexit made Donald Trump's republican side more stronger than before. because Brexit is economic matter.For US market, Brexit is good news for Long-term. short-term pain,Long-term gain situation. because Other European Economies are not performing well as expected. EU and China are world's largest exporters. somewhere both are struggling.
    according to my study of Politics and Foreign policies. Brexit is a good news for US. Revolution in world economy started.It will affect US election.but even after that it's good news for US economy and next US president will take good decisions because stage is already build for that.