Brexit vote might affect US election

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Jun 19, 2016.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm glad they voted themselves out. Hopefully the whole EU thing collapses like a cheap chair now.

I agree that it's probably better overall in the longterm - short term pains for longterm gains.

It's funny to listen to the yanks who were against this - they seem to be divided among 2 camps:

1) the big govt leftists who arrogantly assume that they know what is best for millions of people thousands of miles away in a different country; and

2) the long-only, high-beta, un-hedged, often highly leveraged portion of the investor crowd (and those who manage their assets) who are too obsessed with the short term moves of the overall market and cannot think beyond their next month's brokerage account statement - usually the same crowd who believe that the government should spend even more, and that fed should again be pumping money into the markets & should have kept rates at zero forever... along these lines, it wouldn't shock me to the see the Fed cut rates to zero again if the markets are down again Monday... :rolleyes: :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

agree with you sir. I'm expecting Hedge-Fund will show better performance because of global events. with hedged positions trader can sleep well at night.