British Airways appreciating Indian market

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by waseem59, May 9, 2014.

1. waseem59

waseem59 Well-Known Member

British airways said that india has become the second largest market for the airliner and witnessed 10 per cent growth in terms of seats last year. the reason behind indian growth is airlines is making international airports of more than sufficient space to land number of aeroplanes and the development of bussiness from abroad.

2. mark973

mark973 Well-Known Member

That's great that British Airways is expanding more to the Indian market. It's a huge market can hopefully bring in a lot more business to British Airways. It already seems to be working.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Well, they do need to expand since no one is flying with them inside Europe. I haven't used them in over 10 years, nor has anyone else in my family. So not sure about their quality but pricing is obviously not good. That being said, I wouldn't really invest in any airline except maybe Lufthansa, simply because having used them quite a lot I have absolutely zero complaints to make about their service. So quality wise I wouldn't mind investing in them, haven't looked into their financials which is obviously necessary in order to make the final decision.

4. uggonen

uggonen Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if they even fly to Finland. Or atleast I have never flown with them. Its good to see big companies expanding to even larger areas, that way they can hire more people and buy more planes which give even more people jobs.

5. Parassd

Parassd Active Member

Well it's good that at least somewhere their business is running. Especially with the new govt that's recently come to power in India, you're gonna see India become a large market for many other industries.

6. BudFox

BudFox Well-Known Member

BA has pretty much given up on European travel from regional UK airports as they cannot compete on price with the low-cost carriers. While they concentrate on London airport routes then at least they can compete on long-haul so India, China and south east asia are lucrative areas for them.

7. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

That is good to hear, I doubt that business will ever go wrong , I believe it will continue to multiply, hence knowing that India has a high population of people.

8. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

India is a huge market indeed, so the companies like BA need to be opportunity wise to take advantage of that.

9. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I think this is a great move, India is a potential superpower, if their lower class can manage to rise to middle class in a great enough number, it has the potential to be the first or second largest market in the world, close with China.

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

With the growth I would not be surprised with the development if they would have more Indians feel rejoiced. I do not find anything wrong with them being happy since that is their deal.