Build and sell business

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Corzhens, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

So he is somewhat like a property developer, very well! That is where the real money is in real estate. The country where I reside, there are companies set up for doing just that, buying land, building on it, and selling the homes that were built. These companies are very, emphasis added! profitable. I am myself looking at that option, but of course, that is, many many many years in the future.

2. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

That's a very good return indeed. I guess you do take on a fair bit of risk and stress. And if a property doesn't work out you're probably sitting on a lot of debt, a lack of cash inflow and probably will take a hit to your reputation. But that comes with the territory. And it does sound like he has a lot of good people working around him, which is important.

3. Glcameron

Glcameron Well-Known Member

I think there are variable ways to really look at this type of business. On one had if you have the money to do so it can be quite profitable, on the other hand you have to deal with the general selling of the property depending upon the market they are trying to get it sold in. If you put the right about of work into the home you can easily sell it. There are quite a few homes that require experts in specific areas such as wood work to ensure they retain their sense of eloquence. I think it's fantastic when someone buys an older mansion or dilapidated home, puts true heart into it's renovation and breathes new life into the property.

4. 111kg

111kg Guest

As long as he follows a successful blueprint and doesn't do major mistakes, yes, that's definitely the right way to go. The biggest problem I can see with this type of business is the fact that the number of opportunities on the market, at least in the local areas, are getting smaller and smaller each day, the more people are getting into this.

Flipping houses is not something easy, especially for the people with a small budget. One big mistake and you are screwed. This is why only people who know exactly what they're doing should do this. Otherwise, it would be like trying to build a spaceship with no room for error.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

There are builders here who restore old mansions and vintage houses particularly those structures that were built in the previous century. There is this guy who bought a vintage house, disassembled it and kept it in storage for 10 years before finally re-assembling it in a different location. It is actually part and an attraction of a beach resort in the northern part. I wonder how much they had spent for that restoration project considering that they rebuilt the house in its original state.