Bus Driver Killed By Meteorite

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

What are the odds of being hit by a meteorite?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...an-bus-driver-killed-by-meteorite-strike.html
    An Indian bus driver become the first person ever to be struck dead by a meteorite. He was relaxing in the grounds of a small engineering college when an explosion was heard. When the dust and heavy smoke cleared he was spotted lying unconscious next to a 2 foot wide crater. According to the authorities:

Enjoy your life while you still can because you never know if you'll be alive tomorrow or an hour from now.

2. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

It's like being struck by lightening, maybe it is fate, the wrong place at the wrong time, or that was the destiny of the person for whatever reason. You aren't safe anywhere, in in your own home. Nature doesn't pick and choose!

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

While the saying goes, you should enjoy every day as if it's your last, I'm not sure that anybody could forsee themselves ever getting struck by a meteor to be honest.

I guess now though, at least we know it does happen, although to be honest I'm not going to worry too much about it.

4. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I agree with Alex, it's like being struck by lightning although the possibility of being struck by lightning is more likely than being hit by a meteor. Life is indeed so unpredictable, one moment you're relaxing and the other you're dead. We do have to make the most out of every day that has been given to us because we never know just when things will end for us.

5. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Well if it's any consolation to his friends and family he probably literally didn't know what hit him. I could think of worse ways to go. It is true we will never know what will happen to us. It is best if we try to enjoy the time we have on the earth because we never know when it may be taken away from us. I think that all of us could benefit from remembering that.

6. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

That's really sad , and this incident is very unusual.

7. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

8. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

That's insane. I wonder if there are pictures of where it landed. This sounds strange, I want to look more into it.

9. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

There are multiple pictures wI think the articles linked in msg 7 earlier in this thread. The links are the light blue text (at least on this tablet).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  10. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

How terrible! Unfortunately, that's just how life works. You never know when it's your time to leave the world. So it's better to enjoy every moment, eat all the food you want and spend as much time as you can with the people who matters. After all, we only have one life, we better make it count!