Buyers "pay extra" for scenic homes

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Investor, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

Whether the homes is situated in the country, so it overlooks the countryside, or it is situated on a mountain, so it overlooks the city, generally, a homeowner will pay more for the scenic view that the house has to offer. It is not all about locality in Real Estate that influences the price of homes, several other factors weigh in in order to provide an accurate value of homes, however,one clear cut factor which affects price is the condition of the home. If the home is in need a lot of repair, the value will be negatively affected. The disadvantage of home prices hiking up is that it has become very difficult for many people to afford buying homes in such locations. Would you buy a home only for it's scenic view?

2. jason

jason Guest

I consider many factors when buying homes. A scenic view will not make or break a house for me but yes, it heavily influences my decision. Many love a view of the mountains, country side, or city. It is a unique aspect of the property and I would pay more for it.

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

No surprise here, scenic homes can raise the value of a property up to 100%, location is everything, everything!

4. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I live in a location by the sea and I know this for a fact, if you have two identical houses, but one is facing the street and the other is facing the ocean, their sell price might almost double for the one with the good view.

5. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

True, the same happens at hotels, if you want sea view you just pay extra.

6. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I live in Hawaii and I know that ocean view real estate is massive expensive as opposed to downtown homes.

7. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Oh man, you live in Hawaii? How I envy you! You were born there?

8. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Hawaii really does seem like a great place to live, all the benefits of being an American citizen, all the benefits of living in a tropical paradise :)

9. jason

jason Guest

I have heard that Hawaii is very expensive, though! Especially for food costs. I have a good friend who lives there now...I need to get out and visit him. I'd love to surf and look at the beautiful landscape.

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

From what I've heard, not even more people are allowed to move in to some islands, just the ones that are born there can live there, talk about being exclusive.