Buyers "pay extra" for scenic homes

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Investor, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Depends entirely on the kind of cash one has. If you have the money to splurge on a new home with a scenic view then, why not? My dream is to live in a place where I have a 360 degrees view of the ocean. If I was lucky enough to find such a house somewhere then the price would be too high for me to afford [right now, but fortune can smile on anyone ;)]. So if I had the money I'd be willing to pay the "extra" for such a home.

2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I've seen that place Rainman in the Iron Man movie, awesome house there you would have to agree with me right? :cool:

3. springbreeze

springbreeze Well-Known Member

This is definitely true. Water views are definitely one of those price hikers. People would pay triple the amount for an ocean view. In the end, a good investor knows that there is more to buying property than a good view. If the price isn't right for the condition of the house and market, it's may end up being a bad investment.

Bad real-estates investments should only be done for emotional gratification or long-term purchases. If you going to live in the house for 30 years, a lot can happen in 30 years, like the value sky-rocketing above what you expect.

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Hawaii I would visit when I do get to that point in my life. However it is very expensive to live in. If I were rich I would not live there its too isolated.

5. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I normally do not consider the scene , my first priority is always the condition of the house then the condition sorrounding the house, but if I had the extra cash, I would not mind paying extra just to have a beutiful scene everytime I am at home.

6. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I just wish that in my house I didn't listen loud and clear my neighbors, once that problem was solved I'd worry about the scenic view. :D