Buying a house now or later?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Rosyrain, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I am no expert here; therefore this is just my opinion. There is a saying that “He that watches the skies will never plant”. There is no perfect time to buy that home; if you have the mean to buy, go ahead. A house is an asset; you can sell it later on if you want something better down the line. Again remember that I am not a professional.

2. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

I'm happy when I see persons looking for a home to buy, as a professional in the Real Estate Industry, it brings me joy to see people become engaged in the exciting Real Estate Industry,albeit, a very short time. For myself, buying a home is on the most important list of things to do in life, of course, you cannot do this if you do not have money, so..what I plan to do is, initial a plan, and when I am ready to do buy a house, I put that plan fully in effect.

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Timing when to buy a house depends more on your personal circumstances more than anything. That said, the fixed rates are phenomenal for buyers right now. Its hard to imagine them getting much lower.

4. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I have no plans of buying a home anytime soon, well this days the economy is unpredictable, so I do believe that the price of homes will keep going up, I do not why I believe in that, but you can wait out and see, the prices might come down.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do today, if you can buy a house today and you need it, do it, tomorrow you just might be unable to do it.

6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I think that it varies on your area as to how the home prices have been. I mean around where I live home owners market has been slow but I do not see much activity going on.

7. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

The cost of buying property always goes up . . . a recession might make the value plummet but generally everything tends to be more expensive with time. You decided to buy a house when you found the right one but don't take too long, in some places the value of property rises by 10% annually. Inflation is the cause of that in most cases so the earlier you buy your house, the more you'll save.

8. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

It also depends on the law of the country, but I agree, the sooner the better, we can never exclude the possibility that we run out of money later.