Can Turkey be trusted with 3 billion euros to ease the refugee crisis?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Alex, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

The ironic thing is that a good percentage of them have not really been through any tragedy at all. The media sprouts that most have nothing to their name when that's simply not the case.

Yeah being politically correct is something really big these days and it's a sad situation that if a view is expressed which is not supporting the norm it's seen as racist or something. It's not really right. A lot of the lower Balkans countries have started closing their borders regardless and for them I don't think it's about being politically correct any more, it's because their system simply cannot cope with the influx.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I agree and in fact I think we're making the same point here. For a person to be an asylum seeker, they have to seek refuge in the first safe country they come across...not the first country that they like the look of and can claim benefits from.

3. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

It really irritates me that this is happening and nobody is doing anything about it. I don't know what the answer is but they need to be stopped in their tracks from traipsing through Europe to the lands they believe are made of mild and honey.

If they don't like where they are put then they can go back or stay there. Beggars can't be choosers...

4. lynda.wilson187

lynda.wilson187 Member

Well, no, thеу јust hаvе mоrе pressing concerns whісh require thеу play nice wіth Turkey. Аnу pretense аt considering Turkey fоr EU membership, іs whаt іt hаs аlwауs been... а dangling carrot thаt Turkey will nеvеr gеt tо eat.

There іs exactly Ζеrо chance thаt Turkey, оr АΝY рrеdоmіnаntlу muslim country will еvеr seriously bе considered fоr admission. Erdogan аlmоst сеrtаіnlу knоws this, but аs long аs іt plays well fоr mоst оf hіs sheep, hе will bе wіllіng tо pretend аs well.

It іs аlmоst а relief thаt nоnе оf them, оr Obama either, аrе pretending tо care whаt оthеr naughtiness hе mіght bе uр tо ... аt lеаst wе аrе spared that.

It іs facinating thе position Erdogan іs in... simultaneously vulnerable, уеt іn а position tо extort оthеr major powers іntо whitewashing hіs malfeasance. Geopolitics gеttіng vеrу interesting... best soap opera ANYWHERE!!

5. ArleneCook

ArleneCook Member

Тhаt EUR3 billion іsn't fоr helping Syrian victims оf ISIS.

Part оf іt іs tо buy guns аnd ammo tо shoot Russian soldiers sеnt tо liberate Syria аnd tаkе dоwn thе House оf Saud.

The rest іs fоr а nest-egg fоr thе Erdo?ans іn case thеу hаvе tо move tо Switzerland suddenly. Тhаt is, іn case thе Russians tear thе Turkish army tо pieces аnd drive thе Islamists frоm Ankara too.

And thеу will too. Іt іs Christian Russia's destiny tо rule Eurasia frоm Paris tо Vladivostok аnd frоm Aden tо Arkhangelsk.

No, оur masters dоn't wаnt that, but аll thеу саn dо аt untold cost іn human life іs slow іt down.

Merely staying оut оf Russia's wау wоuld аt lеаst improve thеіr оwn chances оf dying іn bed.

6. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

You both make good points, and which is why the UK is taking a greater stance and taking direct refugees. Merkel can let them all go to Germany, but don't force other EU countries to do the same because not everyone has the German funds. I do think the German people will end up rioting over this, they may see cuts, employment will be hit, as well as schools and local amenities.

Merkel actually is defying the asylum rule by allowing them to choose to come to Germany, and that's why I have no respect for those who pick and choose laws that they wish to follow, and those they want to bend and adapt to.

7. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

If the numbers are to be believed, it's said that around 900,000 migrants have landed in Germany this year alone. You could look at it as Germany "doing their bit" but I see it as pretty disgusting and so are a lot of German people, plus the feelings towards Merkel are deteriorating pretty rapidly.

In other news I hear that Turkey is going to set up a base in Qatar so it can face it's common enemies. I wonder where they got the money from to fund it...:rolleyes:

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

The west as long had an affiliation with Turkey, maybe not in an official sense but we certainly do see them as an ally and for the life of me I can't see why.

They have done their best to stand in the way of countries who want to declare war on ISIS, banning Russian jets from using their airspace is just one in a long line of things they're doing to hinder the war on ISIS. Makes me wonder why...

9. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I'm in a chat room regularly and one member is from Syria, and he has paid for his way to Germany. He is Turkey right now, but says he doesn't want to stay because Germany has better benefits and long term prospects for him. The people that have organized his passage must do this all the time, he wouldn't tell me quite how it was organized, but he negotiated a deal with them to get him and others there. Obviously if this is the case, Turkey having this money doesn't ease the situation. They really need to get inside the minds of the refugees and either put their foot down and say 'stay in Turkey' or you get no asylum.

Somehow he manages to log into the chat room each day to tell us what is happening, and I don't judge because he has had a hard time, but this is all organized very well from the Syrian end.

10. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Turkey has become the springboard into Europe it looks like and you have to wonder if Turkey itself has a hand in the situation. I mean it's know that a lot of the people smugglers are from Turkey, but you have to wonder if it runs any deeper because if Turkey really wanted to help ease the migrant crises they would have done something with their borders, at least I would have thought anyway.