Can We Agree? Babies Dying in Hot Cars

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Kate, Jul 9, 2014.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Leaving him at the post office, church, anywhere safe, giving him up for adoption would have been awesome, man! there are people out here who want kids but nature is not favorable to them and some idiot somewhere is so keen on frying up an innocent child in the car...utter selfishness...is this where the death penalty takes root or...boy, ain't i mad!!!:mad:

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I'd call and in the meantime the window better be down, this whole debate is getting me worked up, those two parents deserve the death penalty...its just too painful, especially knowing they orchestrated the whole plan, i understand he has even read and put it in his psyche; how to survive in jail!...if he gets there i hope he gets a thorough beat down...poor kid, didn't deserve such inhumane treatment :(

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree.

No punishment the American justice system will give them will be anywhere near the hell that little boy was put through by his own father! It just makes me sick thinking about it... :mad:

4. Paul

Paul Active Member

Even if it was intentional, that is still a horrible way to die, and a horrible way to treat your children! It's awful when pets are left in hot cars as well, people think that it's okay, but it hurts them just as much as humans.

5. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

I think there are a number of places that are designated "drop offs" (I can't even believe I'm *saying* that when it comes to babies... puppies, yes, but... :( ) where there are no questions asked. This child was almost 2, though, and it makes me wonder if they did this so he wouldn't talk? Ugh.

But anyhow, when I started this thread, it wasn't just about this little boy named Cooper. He was the second I'd seen in less than a week, and then there were two more shortly afterward. With all the evidence I've heard concerning Cooper's case, it would be hard to believe it wasn't intentional. I haven't heard anything about the others, but it still boils down to the same question... who forgets that your baby is in the car while you go to work and stay there for 8 hours without remembering?!

6. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

"Stupid criminal tricks" to the max. If there's ANY defense for bozos who do this sort of thing, I'd think (if I'd be a defense attorney... perish the thought, I'd do much better as a prosecutor!) their attorney would at least try to play the "why would they search those things on the computer knowing if they did it, the computer would be taken" card... or "don't you think he's smart enough not to take out a $25k life insurance policy on someone he's going to kill?"

Uh... I'd hope the jurors would answer "well apparently not!" Sheesh. :mad:

7. Enceladus

Enceladus Guest

Whats the law for this and what sentence are the offenders facing? I hope they are given more than they deserve. It's just inhumane.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  8. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I don't believe any parent will leave his kid locked in the car on purpose, but it's inexcusable that they forget their kid there, those people don't have the responsibility necessary to take care of a baby.

9. FivebyFive

FivebyFive Member

I think any parent that locks their child in a hot car is lacking some serious brain cells and probably should have had a kid in the first place. I can remember our parents doing this to my sister and I as kids and even then they would roll the window down or turn the air conditioner on. I just think think that in America people would LEGITIMATELY forget that their children were in a car and attempt to walk away. What is going on in their minds?

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I am sorry but you just cannot leave an infant inside a hot car ever. Especially if the infant has hydrocephalus and is using a shunt. I just don't feel sympathetic for people who are negligent in leaving his or her child in a hot behind car. The lesson is simple just remember to keep your kid someplace safe and cool especially those infants they are very delicate.