Can We Agree? Babies Dying in Hot Cars

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Kate, Jul 9, 2014.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Apparently IT WAS INTENTIONAL, people!

2. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

The new 10 month old I mentioned, too?! :( I hadn't heard that. I have heard that the couple who were the foster parents were two male partners and they wanted to foster her and were trying real hard to adopt her. This one sounded like a horrible (but accidental) tragedy to me.

3. therFfd

therFfd New Member

Doing it on purpose is asinine. What kind of a parent leaves their child in a car for marketing? I think those particular examples that were featured in the media were a result of cherrypicking. It's still a horrible thing to do.

4. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

What I think happened (just a guess, but the timing is very suspect) is that the first person a few weeks ago really did... for whatever zombie-brained reason... forget the child was in the car and went about their business. Can't remember what the story was about what they were doing.

The second (where the "so-called dad" :mad: " was arrested after having googled these things and was sexting while his baby died, I think was a copycat. He heard it on the national news, saw that the first person didn't get punished, and the evil light bulb went off.

I don't really know about the 3 or 4 that have happened since then, so I won't guess on those... I know that some people, as hard as it is for us to believe, really do "forget" the baby's in the car. But sure as I'm sitting here, some also see it as a way to literally get away with murder. Just put on their acting shoes and pretend to be devastated and maybe someone will take pity on them.

5. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I can't believe that it was intentional, what are they thinking? Those people should be locked away for life, they aren't fit to be a part of this society, they can't be responsible for a kid if they are trying to kill him. :(

6. Moneyinthebank

Moneyinthebank Member

Seriously, what is up with this? If I were a parent, I'm pretty sure I'd check the backseat every time I drove just to be safe!

7. JoshD1990

JoshD1990 Active Member

Most of the time, it's parents who either forget, or don't want to take them out/put them back in the car seat so they leave them while they go to a store.

It's all ridiculous.

Don't kill your baby, drop it off at a fire station!!!

8. mn1989

mn1989 New Member

Part of being a parent is watching out for your child. If you can't handle it, then why did you have/keep your child? The man who left his toddler in the hot car has no excuse for what he has done. The fact that he went out to car for lunch and didn't do anything is unbelievable. How do you not recognize that your kid is in the back seat? I mean, when I go to the car, I don't thoroughly look in the back seat every time I get in, but I definitely think a dead toddler would catch my eye. I think the man has mental and commitment issues that need to be dealt with. He should not have had this child in his care in the first place.

9. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Parents are more selfish nowadays its like they make a excuse for whatever mistakes they make. I can see why kids rebel against their parents and feel conceited.

10. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014