Can We Get Rid of the Party System?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by MJAlex, Aug 24, 2015.

1. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

It could be a fun experiment, who knows? Anyone if the party system get's abolished then what should we put in it's place? Parliamentary? They have their own problems too. I say stick to what you know and the Party System has been on long enough for it to be tried, tested and approved.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Would getting rid of the party system change anything? I doubt it. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you will but fact is the parties whether they worked together or not would still be controlled by the Corporations. If it's change we seek we must defeat the Corporatocracy first. But that is impossible so we must live with what we have bad though it might be. The parties drama is artificial . . . keeps us busy watching the puppets [the politicians] while the puppeteers [the Elite/Corporations] get everything they want.

3. Kicker774

Kicker774 Well-Known Member

I would love to see a debate without names, and without party affiliations shown.

Just straight up ideas, proposals, and solutions. No bickering about how someone else tanked the market, or brought us into war.
    Here's the situation the US is in right this moment. How are you going to make it better?

Each candidate gives a written response, turns it into a moderator and the results are published unfettered.

Let the public decide which idea they like best. They might just be surprised whose statement they picked and look at that person from a different angle than before.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

It would be great to see the results... a really interesting idea!
    Thing is, a lot of the politicians say or don't say something because they feel like they have to because of the party that they are in. Just another way that politics is completely screwed up right now...

5. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

The Alinsky-Cloward-Piven system is a very interesting thing to read about!
    Spent the last 20 minutes just reading about it, not something I have encountered before. Could be a thread of it's own.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  6. Highhiker

Highhiker New Member

There is actually a 1 party system. If you can't see it you are living a delusional life. Those 2 words have done more harm to this country than anything. Bush, Obama same thing. Their policy's are basically the same. But then again there not their policies. They are the policies of the 1%ers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Well being as our wonderful elected representatives can not even agree on passing budgets half the time, there is no way that they would ever agree to the abolishment of our current political system. It will never happen. Plus, even though people now want an anti establishment candidate they seem to forget that the hated "Obama" was a newcomer to the political system when he got into office, and he hasn't fared too well, in the eyes of most of the public.

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I don't understand why people act like there are only two parties. We have a lot of parties to choose from in America. From the Green Party to the Libertarian Party. They just dont attract nearly enough support to challenge the Republicans are Democrats. For the most part they are not serious parties and have fringe policy preferences.