Cannabis Conundrum

Discussion in 'Penny Stocks' started by GottStock, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

As Strykstar pointed out, Cannabis is only being sold by specialized stores currently. So when it becomes legal, it's going to be going to provided by more generic companies and thus probably a lot cheaper to the general public to purchase. That would make the current Cannabis stocks and companies not as valuable.

I personally am going to wait longer to see what becomes of Cannabis in the US. Just too risky of an investment for me at this time.

2. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I don't know about that jamal, if Cannabis becomes of free-sale I expect it's value to rise because there will be more demand, or isn't this the right logic?

3. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

The Government might not have much of a choice...
    Several States in the US already allow it, and more are in the process of allowing it in the future.
    Like you said, it's a bit like alcohol and tobacco, alcohol went though the prohibition era and look at where it is now... people get what they want, especially if the government can make money off taxing it.

4. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Well, if the states are allowing it it's because a Federal law approves it I think and certainly there's a lot of money involved, a new tax is always appealing to any government! :D

5. ami560

ami560 Member

Well they are definitely volatile as investors hear laws and news both for and against cannabis. Given that, I think that these stocks will go up as time goes on. As much as some people may want to stop legalization, it would take something drastic. By that, I mean some sort of event, such as a mass overdose, that makes the news and makes the public perceive cannabis as dangerous. Short of that, legalization will continue, and as they do, these first companies will grow, and so will their stock.

6. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Everyone here on the forum is saying the same, the stocks will go up, so certainly is a good investment. As far as legalization advances they will value more and more.

7. Mycroft

Mycroft New Member

8. nashvilleshelby

nashvilleshelby Active Member

With the legalization of this drug I am sure that there will be more companies popping up. There was a new report about Colorado where the sales where over 1M for 1 month and the crime rate dipped 10%. I will do some more research

9. pot_star

pot_star Member

What's a cookie company? :confused: I'm sure the Cannabis industry will boom in the next few months. Specially now that there are more and more states that legalizes it. Medicinally or recreationally. I'm sure pharmaceutical companies will love this. Philippines just started studying it's legality last June 2 if my memory serves me right.

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Ahah, cookie company was a joke from Strykstar, meaning that cannabis users tend to love cookies? :D :p

Good article share Mycroft, thanks!