Cgc - Canopy Growth Corporation

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by fireopal, Jan 3, 2018.

1. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

[​IMG]

Canopy Growth Corporation
    , through its subsidiaries, produces and sells medical marijuana in Canada. The company offers dried, oil, and softgel cannabis products. Canopy Growth Corporation also sells its products through online. The company was formerly known as Tweed Marijuana Inc. and changed its name to Canopy Growth Corporation in September 2015. Canopy Growth Corporation is headquartered in Smiths Falls, Canada.

Company website - http://www.canopygrowth.com

O/S = 171.8 M
    Float = 165.75M

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018
  2. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

Sorry i didn't post this much sooner - long play for me from $10's. Took some profits & still holding a little but not as much as i would like - was hoping for more of a pull back after it hit $18's than it gave. New 52 week high today & is in overbought territory but good stock imo.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  3. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

In many ways marijuana should be treated in a similar fashion to the cryptocurrencies because eventually it will become legal in most states across the US. As many countries follow the US lead, we could see similar patterns emerging worldwide.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

5. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

Anyone playing this? And @longtermbull can't seem to edit this thread so would appreciate if you could change the ticker to CGC and add new chart :)

6. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

All changed mate :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

Now this is one I am really intrigued about! The use of marijuana is being decriminalised across many countries in what seems to be a concerted effort by governments to control its use. Obviously, any regulations surrounding the use of marijuana will lead to some form of tax income in due course. However, as there are many potential medical uses for marijuana it may well be something to buy now and tuck away (not the drug, the shares!). Does anybody have any forecast for profitability going forward?

8. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

@gowiththeflow this is a great stock/company - largest one i believe in this industry & hard to believe this old OTC was under $10 last year & so wish i had jumped in then but didn't start playing it until mid-teens. This one along with all others including sympathy plays or anything attaching weed to their business should be even more in play with upcoming Oct date.

NEPT(extraction) is another one to keep an eye on - partnered with CGC & is underdog in price right now & think it has great potential because extraction is a huge business etc.