China buying into Texas oil fields

Discussion in 'Commodities Forum' started by baudwalk, Oct 25, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

It appears like slowly but steadily China is getting a foothold in the U.S. It's all business. Sell oil fields, sell farmland and when there's nothing more to sell they'll start profiting from all this. Cheap oil for China, cheap food for China . . . America is being sold out [literally] and few people even take note of what is happening.

3. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

The Chinese economy is doing so poorly these days I am surprised they could afford it. I think they have enough problems in their own backyard to worry about owning property here in the United States. I think that we don't have to worry about the Chinese overtaking the US anytime soon.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Makes sense. Oil price is low... thus the asking price for oil fields is sure to be quite low too. If they believe oil will rebound, and looks like they do, then it's a good time to invest. I also own a tiny part of Texas oil fields and I'm thinking of adding a little bit in the coming months.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

It's good to own mineral rights to some of this land. :D

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Not only in the US but also in a big part of Africa and also in Latin America. It seems the China has an oversupply of money that they needed to put into a profitable venture so they are globe-trotting in search of potential businesses. But recently I had read an article that China's industrial dynamism is suffering a setback. They are losing their factory workers to age (retirement) and there are only few new workers because the younger generation are mostly educated in colleges and universities. What would happen if their factories grind to a halt due to lack of workers? That wouldn't happen because they are now raising the wages.

7. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Corzhens. China is certainly experiencing some growing pains but that was to be expected, a country can't keep growing at that pace forever. Which is one of the reasons why these companies are looking for opportunities outside of their homeland. However this slowing down won't immediately affect their available capital, at least not my a big amount. So we can expect Chinese corporations to continue expanding outside of China.