China moving weapons to 'disputed' artificial islands

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by JoshPosh, May 29, 2015.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/c...-islands-reports/story-fnh81fz8-1227372158819

Looks like China is now moving weapons and possibly long range radar on to the reclaimed island. Now China is claiming virtually the entire South China Sea because of the reclaimed island. Now under international Law, creating artificial islands does not alter the sovereignty of the surrounding seas?

2. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I've seen the videos showed in international news regarding the ongoing developments being done by China on the South China Sea Islands they're claiming as theirs and they've really gotten far with regards to building structures and facilities. All other neighboring countries have been aching over the adamant show of power by China on these disputed islands.

3. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

China is definitely taking over the region and I am not seeing anyone facing them. No one will want to face the mighty giant, so they will just keep that portion of land and sea and that will be the end of it.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

China is growing more and more powerful and things like this prove it. While this might not matter in the grand scheme of things, I think sooner or later the world is going to realise just how powerful China as become, and then it will be to late to do anything about it.

5. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I don't think you guys realize that those waters were once free passage area for boat and airplanes. But with China claiming that island they have taken the right to everything around it, hence the conflict with neighboring countries. That is the reason for the tension. Now they are arming it with weapons that possess a threat and that is the #1 thing that the US didn't want to see happening. It is after all this time a strategic military position.