China or India?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by gracer, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Many many people is heading to China to get cheap products and also those fortunate enough to enter those markets will be able to make good deals. It's just a matter of opportunity and making the right partnerships.

2. asbrown

asbrown Member

Some good comments here but a little too much focus on solely the manufacturing angle in China. The last couple years has seen a proliferation of high-tech companies set up local offices or joint ventures. There is a lot of know how there in technology driven sectors, and with the massive infrastructure investments that have been made since 2008 there is a huge capacity for long-term growth. When you combine that with the very strong political stability, I would pick China over India any day.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I'm going to have to sit on the fence a little with this one. I think in the near future then China is certainly the country to watch. They have spent years putting an infrastructure in place in order to compete with the big boys in the world.

Meanwhile India is probably where China was 10yrs ago. While there's no doubt that India will possibly become a nation to rival some western countries, I don't think theure anywhere near just at the moment.