Chinese Corporate Spying Charges... Not a Huge Surprise

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Kate, May 19, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

AG Holder is about to announce cyber spying charges against China for stealing trade secrets from businesses in the US. Surely it won't come as a surprise to anyone that this is and has been going on?

Any thoughts on what the penalties should be if more than a slap on the wrist?

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I think he's just thumping his chest and making a show to the American public that he's supposedly actually earning his taxpayer funded salary. Our foreign policy is a joke these days.

3. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

So you think it will end with the chest thumping? Or something will be done? Actually we probably have a lot worse corporate spying gong on within our own walls, but... well, at least it makes a statement that someone's "watching" what other countries are doing cyberly. Uh... I do think I just coined a new word! :D

4. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Active Member

Honestly, this does not come off as a surprise to me. I am sure there are plenty of countries trying to spy on the U.S. I mean look at all the corruption around the globe. Did it say who was actually doing the spying. I think that they should be forced to pay a fee or possible jail time.

5. ash2014uk

ash2014uk Well-Known Member

Dont really see this as a shock to be honest. This day and age, i wouldn't be shocked if a lot of companies are using spying techniques.
    There needs to be more law and rules against this type of thing. It has to be stopped and soon.

6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

China and Russia I would expect to spy on us. After all Russia was our biggest enemy during the Cold War Era and look at them now. I just cannot relish the idea that they would not try to sneak over here and steal some information. I think that China would probably get a slap on the wrist, but I feel that China would crawl their way with imports. We need to just stop dealing with China and be a more independent society but then again what could we do? If AG Holder is as strong as they are, then China should face some criminal charges for the intrusion. We just need to be more cautious with our surroundings, which I could say this about people among us.

7. turt

turt Guest

I think it's a well known fact that every country spies on it's business competition. No one wants to be left behind and they also don't want bugged products in their country.

8. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't see much coming from these accusations. China has invested too much money in America to get more than a slap on the wrist. Sure the news media will play the role of tough judge and the typical propaganda of communist China will ensue. But it is all fun and games to them as the real players behind the scenes will resolve the issue away from the public stage. Lest not limit this to only China for stealing trade secrets. I can only imagine other countries who have access to such secrets but are probably not clumsy enough to let it slip for intelligence agencies to find out. I don't care to engage in the bash China game. Once you become hip to how world politics operate, you realize to a small degree they are in it together.

9. miles

miles New Member

Fucking Agreed!

10. miles

miles New Member

It's kind of weird to talk about this sort of staff, cause we are just doing it again and again to get profits from business trades.We are all traders, and so we're all traitors to laws, so there's no significance to talk about it, since it doesn't bring him any guilty, and so do we, then why we have to give it a shit?