Chinese market hit reverse

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by My401K, Dec 16, 2014.

1. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

Today's news would have you thinking that the Chinese market is down, orders for the first time in two quarters have dropped. This with other the European market in decline can not bode well, yet we are to believe the American dollar is on the rise? Really? Am i to believe this is all due to the price of gas going down? i don't buy this for a minute, especially sine I always felt the Chinese numbers were probably not accurate. So how long can we believe this charade?

2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Comparing to the euro there is no question that the US dollar is on the rise, for quite some weeks now, let's see if this continues like this. It's a never ending charade though 401K, it has always been.

3. Allison2021

Allison2021 Well-Known Member

Oh, Oh!:eek: What if it is all true? What if their economy is down because the entire world's economy is about to return to a big recession?
    Demand is down globally, so maybe that caused less demand from Chinese manufacturers.

4. turt

turt Guest

Isn't just about everything made in China now? They can only grow so much. It still remains that most of the technology used (that brings in big money) is developed in other countries. When things are produced in China, it pushes use of their raw materials but the pay is very low.

You also have to take into account the fact that new technology has now allowed products to produced on par or cheaper here in the US for certain things.

5. troutski

troutski Guest

Fun fact. The United States has ramped up its oil production in the past couple years to where it's one of the biggest players in the game. However, the country doesn't export much of its oil, for obvious reasons. Its currency continues to rise and gain steam against other big currencies, like the Euro, and this has been going on for awhile now. We shouldn't expect to see these trends reverse anytime soon, unless a global downturn occurs once again.

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Every good thing comes to an end and that sort of thing? Someone who'd used a Chinese phone that died after a year told me that the quality of products made in China would be what eventually determines whether their [China's] economic growth continues or stagnates until they start making quality products, raise the prices and compete fairly with others who also make quality products. Maybe that time has come.

7. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

Thats not even funny, and yes it could be an indicator that we are al far from out of the woods yet. Some is no doubt about the oil. Today I read that NY is going to ban fracking. Why not they ban everything else. Most of this I think is because people still are just not buying. Money is tied up in just trying to live a day longer. I do not have much fate in the stats from the US or china for that fact.

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Chinese love to cook the books and have quality control issues with many their products. It's like the Wild West.

You can make a ton of money there, but you can also lose you ass. Be careful.

Some believe they're headed towards their own credit crisis.

9. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Just about anything made in China is crap so it is no shocker that their economy might be on the fall. I try my hardest not to buy anything that is made in China.

10. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

You'll do well if you can genuinely find things to buy that aren't either made in China or don't have components that are made in China. It's still the workshop of the world, and you'd be surprised as to how much the likes of Wal-Mart still manufacture their products there. I don't agree that most things made there are crap, but I do think that there may be more mixed quality than there used to be for some products.