Chinese Navy Shoves Off US Spy Plane

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by gracer, May 22, 2015.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

So the trade off is 5 years of no new electronics but we get several trillion dollars of debt wiped out? Sound like a good deal to me. Some people have to refinance their homes (30 years) to wipe out debt. Five years is hard to pass up. We will be able to find replacement parts eventually.

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Guess you completely forgot the fact that China has a military too... but it's not like this is a big deal to overlook or anything...

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

This is a pretty serious situation. Of course there is always posturing and false threats when two countries are in conflict over something, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take it serious. Apparently there is a real threat of military conflict in the South China Sea. I don't think it's in either countries best interest to have a naval altercation, but I don't think trade concerns mean we shouldn't advance our interests in the region.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

We could easily eliminate any country in short order, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea to do so.

What we all saw in the Iraq mess was not any sort of attempt to eliminate a country by any means.