Christie endorses Trump

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Feb 26, 2016.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Actually Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are two of the most disliked people in America. They both have unfavorable ratings that are extremely high. Over 50% in fact. If both of those people are the nominees, as looks likely, there is definitely going to be a hunger from the American people for a better choice. Trump and Clinton just aren't very popular people, and for good reason. They both have questionable character and morals, and they both have a reputation for lying.

2. petesede

petesede Guest

Yeah, that is going to be interesting to see.. Christie did the same thing with Mitt Romney last cycle.. he waited until Romney basically had already won, then jumped on the bandwagon.

My brain says that the establishment is paying attention to who is backing Trump or Cruz and there might be some Karma for them down the line. But on the Republican side, who cares, the establishment has been neutered this primary. If you put all your weight behind your annointed one, and give him $150M dollars.. and the best he can do is 5th place in the first 3 states.... It really is the same thing as last election with Romney. They gave Karl Rove $200M for his superpac, and he lost every single state he worked in. There no longer is a fear up upsetting the Republican establishment, because they are noodles.

3. petesede

petesede Guest

Agree with this completely. If this was anyone else but Hillary, the coat-tails would be very long for senate candidates.

I think Hillary wins for two reasons. First is the electoral map, especially with latino voters. The second is the establishment. None of them will admit it, but there are probably a lot of moderate Republicans and most establishment Reps who would prefer Trump loses. I think the state-by-state voter turn-out machines are going to heavily favor Hillary. You got a hint of that tonight in SC where the machine gave Hillary an overwhelming victory. While the general public probably views them both negatively, the base of the dems are much more behind Hillary than the Reps will be behind Trump.

I still dream that Kasich´s plan actually works. Trump wins Texas barely, Trump wins Florida barely, delegates get split really evenly but Cruz and Rubio drop out because they lose their home state and win no other states.