Citigroup Investors Should Not Be Losing Sleep

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by PaulSchinider, Apr 9, 2014.

1. PaulSchinider

PaulSchinider Well-Known Member

Citigroup is currently trading at the lowest valuation among peers, and i feels that this offers a promising entry point for investors looking to go long on the stock.

Citigroup Inc. (C), which is ranked among the Big Four US banks, controls assets worth more than $1.88 trillion in total. The bank divides its business in two broad segments: Citicorp and Citi Holdings, which respectively contribute 94% and 6% of the bank’s total revenues. Its operations can also be classified geographically by the four major regions it operates in: North America, Latin America, Asia, and the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).

Citigroup’s consolidated net revenues were up 10.5% year-over-year (YoY) to $76.37 billion in its 2013 fiscal year (FY13; ended December 31, 2013), while basic earnings per share (EPS) had surged 78.3% YoY.

Citicorp can be divided into two main divisions: Global Consumer Banking, which includes its Cards and Retail Banking businesses; and the Institutional Clients Group, which includes its Securities and Banking, and Transaction Services businesses.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. wanderingwildman

wanderingwildman Well-Known Member

My father taught me many years ago that stocks are a long term business. Citigroup is bound to eventually go up and down. I hope that this current down hill turn does not get any worse however.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I prefer GS, JPM, and WFC myself.

4. PaulSchinider

PaulSchinider Well-Known Member

Right because Citigroups condition is not well in nowdays

5. wanderingwildman

wanderingwildman Well-Known Member

That's good to know you have had success with GS and JPM JR Ewing. How long have you had those stocks? I have been considering doing some diversification. The current state of the market worries me about everything however.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

JPM about 20 years off and on, GS about 15 off and on. Don't presently own either of them - I feel like they're both a little rich at the moment.

I was really heavy into GS for about 5 years before the crash - I made a ton on that stock. They were awesome up until the market peaked in late '07 - the top I-bank in the world, making a good $25 a share annually back then. They're still a fine institution, but since they had to change they way they do business to suit the current environment it looks like their best days are behind them.

7. waseem59

waseem59 Well-Known Member

I think citi group will recover soon from this situation , no need to wory because there price again will go high