Classes for beginning investors?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by firelily99, Apr 17, 2014.

1. TraderJK

TraderJK Well-Known Member

Why these courses for learning about investing?

2. TraderJK

TraderJK Well-Known Member

Start by going to your local library and reading all the investing books that they have. Open a Goodreads account and search for investing books recommended by other members. Take notes and make summaries. Then you can start to develop a feel for what you should do.

Forget about these online training sites that promise to teach you how to make money- they make money by selling you a course, but you wont make anything.

3. InterestedInvesto

InterestedInvesto Active Member

One way to look at it is: it won't hurt now, will it?

To learn about finance and investing you could check out a few courses on Coursera. I've tried one by Gautam Kaul on Finance, but that wasn't too great.

4. firelily99

firelily99 Well-Known Member

The adult ed department of some of the towns in my area do have a variety of classes available at a reasonable tuition. I am going to enroll in some of them and get on with the learning experience.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Yeah, if we are interested we can find some free programs for investors, they are available at job centers and other community services, it's normal that the state wants us to make money, some people just prefer to look in another direction.

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Well of course the state is interested in that, the more we make the more they are able to tax :D
    I'll try checking if those courses are available near me, I hadn't heard of those.

7. nmb

nmb Member

I know that entry level investor classes and courses are usually available at local community colleges or community centers, but does anyone have suggestions for online courses that are either broadcast style (you log into a program and watch the professor via video) or self paced? If so, where can you find them?

8. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Yep, it makes total sense, but usually people don't look for these opportunities that the state offers, so we can find ourselves paying from our own pocket when these opportunities are available for free.

9. JackHark

JackHark Active Member

I'm Australian, do you know of any online resources I could use to gain more knowledge?

10. ForceofXero

ForceofXero Member