Computer predicts GOP victory in 2016 ...

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by SteakTartare, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I am a human being but I also predict that Donald Trump will be the next president of the US. It's not only the statistics out there but also in the social media which is now being used as a gauge for popularity. And since Donald Trump is ahead in social media circles, I guess he is the clear winner. But that may change because the elections are still so far away. Even the elections here which will be held in May 2016, nothing is definite yet so the leaders in the survey cannot rest.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

As much as I hate to admit it, I'll be very shocked if I ever see any more Republican presidents.

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Indeed, I fear GOP is in it's twilight, and we're not going to see another presidency any time soon. I hope I am wrong and will help any viable candidates, but the last two election cycles were very telling.

On the other hand, the 'Pubs have both houses of congress and over half of the states have a Republican governor. That and many of the Dems seem to be floundering in one scandal after another.

I guess will tell.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

The media and pop culture are in cahoots with the Dems. And a good portion of the country now would rather be "taken care of" or otherwise given everything they want rather than take care of themselves or produce anything significant. And with more and more immigrants coming in with the same mentality, and with the push now to allow THEM to start voting, it just looks less and less favorable for the GOP.

And the GOP themselves can't seem to stop screwing up - just look at these couple of GOP idiots telling everyone that the Benghazi probe is political!

The left are far better at campaigning - and far better at spinning, lying, getting down in the mud, and otherwise spreading propaganda - much of the GOP doesn't seem to be aware of this about the left, and doesn't seem to be very good at doing it themselves.

And the GOP doesn't do a very good job of dumbing themselves down to the average person and explaining WHY the good-sounding propaganda of Sanders and Clinton and others is wrong and cannot work. The Repubs need to do better at explaining WHY a balanced budget, a strong military, adherence to the Constitution, a tough illegal immigration policy, limited entitlement spending, and a population that is largely self-reliant and highly motivated to achieve are better than "free stuff 4 lyfe" and gun confiscation.

5. petesede

petesede Guest

It is just Demographics and Latinos. They are the fastest growing segment of the population and lean heavily Dem. There are a ton of states where 1% means everything and a declining white population and an increasing black and hispanic population just is turning a ton of states from Battlegrounds to leaning Dem... and are making a lot of old battleground states easy for Dems. When I was just starting to vote, I lived in Pennsylvania, which was one of the biggest battleground states. Now the Dems don´t even have to spend money there. States like Va and NC were fairly easy Rep wins just two or three elections ago, now VA is going to be fairly easy for Dems and NC will be a toss-up.

It isn´t just about states, it is about having to spend money in states. The Reps are having to spend money in states that were always theirs, while the Dems are moving money out of states that are now easy wins and trying to steal states.

Just watch, within 2 or 3 elections, Dems will be campaigning in Texas and that becomes more likely every time Trump opens his mouth.

6. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Active Member

Statistical analysis and the extrapolation of data is all well and good, but it doesn't matter how relevent the data is, the prediction in this case is no more than an educated guess, based on current indicators. There will be countless other indicators that will effect the result of the election before voting begins and any one of them could significantly change the results.

7. Sandy2870

Sandy2870 Member

I don't know how anyone can even think a Republican victory is possible. iF you look at the demographics in the country, it spells all minorities, (who will soon be the majority) women, gays and liberals have an overwhelming advantage the the T Party Republicans. Middle of the roaders will sit the election out. Unfortunetly for me, Hillery will probably be the next president.

8. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

The popular vote and the actual vote are very different things. So much rides on who the actual players will be. It is not unheard of Republicans voting for the other side if they don't like the candidate and they don't have to vote for them. This has happened before, so while the Republicans have the majority in both houses at present, that doesn't mean they will necessarily vote for a Republican President.

9. 111kg

111kg Guest

I don't usually trust this type of articles because most of the times they are biased. It's easy to manipulate them or even to accidentally change some numbers here and there. Am I the only one fed up of elections? You'll see these politicians promising stuff they'll never be able to achieve and their "fans" voting for them, not because they necessarily agree with them, but rather because the other options are unbearable. This is a sharade at its best, no matter of where it actually takes place.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think we can all make a prediction, or wild guess as to what's going to happen, purely based on past performance and that's all this computer is doing.

Previous results sometimes have little baring on the future, so I wouldn't be placing any bets on the outcome just yet.