Coping with Stress in Trading

Discussion in 'Forex - Currencies Forums' started by Daniela-TFC, Jun 12, 2014.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

14 or more hours in front of a screen, is an outright no from me, i have had my share of stresses and thank you Daniela for that informative post on stress, i don't think i 'm treading down that path again.

2. ap4aaron

ap4aaron Member

In reality, stock trading is just a stressful job. You are always going to be on the lookout for prices falling and rising, and it will never be stable. If you have stress problems, this probably isn't the job for you.

3. dariel2323

dariel2323 Well-Known Member

Very good information, thanks for share it here. Very good for those people who live in stress continuously. In this business we must be passive and take it soft.

4. joshua minaya

joshua minaya Active Member

Trading can be lots of stress but personally I would recommend that the individual tries to cope with this stress by making sure that the strategy you are trading is not do demanding on you.One should also try to make sure that the trading environment is also conducive.

5. Kael

Kael Guest

Stress is risky for traders to manage in such a fast paced and high stakes career. I like to keep the scent of lavender in my purse or pocket, which me a mellow feeling.

6. bulding

bulding Member

Believe it or not, I find that the best way to combat trading stress is by having a second work-at-home job. That way, my mind is continuously preoccupied with other important matters, instead of worrying about an open trade that I can't influence. It also means that even if I do end up losing money on the current trade, there is still a chance I end up making a net gain on the day thanks to the second job.

7. martinez

martinez Active Member

Stress can really deteriorate your health. Sometimes when in business you must be opened to take risks and when you burn your fingers you become very stressed and emotional. Gambling is a fifty fifty thing and if it doesn't come your way then you'll have to cope with it without being stressful.

8. healthandfitness

healthandfitness Well-Known Member

This is a great post, and it is spot on. Trading is not for the faint-hearted. The ups and downs of trading can make you feel like you are on a roller coaster or watching your horse race for the gold while they are one head behind the leader. In other words, the excitement is intense, and if there are losses incurred, it increases the stress. People should really be aware of the dangers of trading under pressure. Kudos.

9. jdroc

jdroc Guest

Really great post. I know I've experienced burn out numerous times throughout my life. I think not getting enough sleep affected me the most when I look back on it all. I probably could eat better to feel better, but the lack of sleep can plus stress can definitely put a huge strain on health.

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Stress is something that we all have, but sure that when we are dealing with money and sometimes great quantities of it the stress levels are way bigger, so controlling them can be the key to success or failure.