Coping with Stress in Trading

Discussion in 'Forex - Currencies Forums' started by Daniela-TFC, Jun 12, 2014.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

When I first started trading I use to stress all the time because I overplayed my margin. But now I know better and play it much safer.

2. joshua minaya

joshua minaya Active Member

Honestly speaking in my opinion it is not always easy to cope with stress during trading what i will recommend is that before you start trading just make sure that you have a good posture or else it could affect the way you trade.

3. Stockie

Stockie Member

it's simple... if you can't cope with stress while trading then you shouldn't trade - it's that simple.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

If you are a stressed out or high stress person to begin with, stock trading might not be something you want to get into because you never know how things are going to go with your money. At any given time, any news story can release, or anything can happen that will send a stock down hill, or even the opposite. I am sort of a high stress person myself and like to do online work so that I can keep my mind occupied. I hate having a day at home off of work or something and just sit there with too much time to think. The online job also gives me more money making opportunities.

5. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

Honestly, if you're a trader working on Wall St then you MUST'VE known you were signing up for this...IF, however, you're just sitting at home and making the odd stock pick here and there, then the best way to not be stressed out is either to not invest as much OR diversify as much as possible. Both of these options mitigate the risk, which is presumably the source of stress.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I would say that stress can be the main concern for a lot of traders, obviously the more you invest and trade, the more stressful it can be. I think it's always important to make sure that you are in control of a situation, if you think it's getting too risky then make sure you come out.

This might result in making a small loss but at the end of the day, that's better than making yourself ill and losing a lot more.

7. E.Mil

E.Mil Guest

I like to relieve stress by going for a walk or dancing to my favorite music. I also find that by shutting everything off and having some quiet time by focusing on something positive helps me also.

8. Linda Smith

Linda Smith Senior Investor

Stress can cause great problem in trading. Because taking decision emotionally can lead the trade into the loss. Technical decision is far better than emotional decision. I don't give importance to emotion while I trade. My broker TP Global FX is also help me to take decision technically. It prevents me from taking decision emotionally. I like them because of their low spreads, dynamic leverage and easy decision making tools.

9. Brentwood

Brentwood Senior Investor

The key is to understand how it really works and who is right to work with. I was losing funds to a broker and by the time i realised it, i had already lost $52000 which was over half of my savings. I met a friendly trader and she directed me to the recovery agent Mr Bart Kasch. He helped me recover all my money, every penny. Referred him to friends and colleagues already, you can contact him if you need help at [email protected]

• Like Like x 1