Could the euro be on it's way to 1:1 vs. the USD?

Discussion in 'Forex - Currencies Forums' started by SamClemensMT, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Yes, a high dollar is bad for the US economy, but good for the rest of the world because that will mean more exportation from Europe if the euro keeps dropping.

2. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Pretty much, in what concerns import/exports the cheaper currency will always have gains because labor and everything is cheaper, but it's a little more complex than that I think.

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

[​IMG]

Time to check out the charts. Every US pair that I am playing is dead even with the currency it is paired up against. It was verbatim. Now...going back to trading forex and not looking at the news. I believe we will see a sideways market for some time now. Until we see something hit the fan and people start laying eggs, we won't see any major movement until then.

I don't look at the news and speculate any movement. I watch my indicators and go with the global trend. when the 4 pairs on the left go in one direction, I follow. When the two on the right go in the other direction, I follow.

I'm mechanical, not news hypothetical.

Attached Files:

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Josh, are you just doing day trading with these or are you also holding longer positions with some currencies?

5. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I'm doing long term trading. I've been in these trades for about 2 months now. I'm up $4000 on 10 cents orders. Hahahaha. I should get on Etoro and have people follow my trades so I can make commission off of them. But yeah, when all 4 pairs on the left go in one direction, and the 2 on the right go in the other, the trend is confirmed. That's about it. I do play all 6 pairs at once (eur, gbp, nzd, aud, cad, chf . I don't play the yen pairs. I cut out the indicator that I use at the bottom of the screen. My little secret.

Im sure you can do day trades by zooming out to the hourly and 30 minute charts and use the 4 hour trend as the direction. Just follow the pretty colors. But because we are dead even on all pairs, meaning the USD is at the same value as the rest of the kids in the playground, I wouldn't try to guess or day trade anything at the moment.

6. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I couldn't edit my post in time to add this picture. This is what I see on my laptop.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

Seems like it. But we need to see what Germany is up to regarding inflation.

8. Colebra

Colebra Well-Known Member

Can somone please explain why the Euro's value is growing in dumb in layman's terms?
    I mean, I live in Europe, and every time I turn on the news they make it sound like life in Europe is about to end...

If you could spare two or three lines on the subject, that would be greatly appreciated :)

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think if the euro continues to climb the way it has done then it might be on the cards. Personally though I can't see the euro growing at the same rate it has done recently for much longer, I'd expect it to level out pretty soon.