Daimler sells is 4% stake in TSLA for $780M

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by downloads, Oct 22, 2014.

1. downloads

downloads Well-Known Member

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevesc...s-in-tesla-equity-stake-praises-bold-partner/

Daimler, the German parent company of Chrysler and Mercedes (and others) sold its stake in Tesla Motors. They had about 4% of TSLA shares which they purchased last December. Their investment grew 56% so it turned out to be a pretty good deal. TSLA is only down 3% today, trading well above $200.

I believe this stock is the new AAPL.

2. troutski

troutski Guest

Tesla may very well become the next big stock, but AAPL has a market cap of 600 billion while TSLA is around 30 billion. Tesla has a long way to go, but it's definitely a strong stock right now. I don't really want stock in TSLA; I'd honestly rather have one of their vehicles! For the record, I wish I could sell anything for $780M. I'd be happy with $7,800. ;]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  3. TipdOff

TipdOff Well-Known Member

Also look at the short interest: over 23% - quite high.

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 3.22.14 PM.jpg

4. jdroc

jdroc Guest

I think TLSA will go as far as Musk. Which means this company will go far. This guy is next to Jobs in my book. I just look at how car dealers across the U.S are resorting to childish tactics to try and block what TLSA is doing. This tells me they are scared for a reason. He not only wants to make the best cars, but he seems to want the best experience for customers to buy. I like what he is doing in this space.

5. ormaybeso

ormaybeso Well-Known Member

I certainly like the direction that Tesla is going in, and obviously many others do too. Hopefully they keep getting bigger, I can't wait to see what direction these guys take us in. If I had the money, I'd probably invest in them myself seeing how fast they're growing.

6. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

TSLA is rising up and their stocks are really at a good price right now, I am even thinking of investing,although I am not sure.

7. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

TSLA is becoming one of those companies that you just don't bet against. Their quick rise over the past few quarters has certainly been surprising and many people are expecting a bit of a correction, but it's still hanging in there rather well. That said, with oil going down I wonder how that may influence their sales.