David Bowie Has Passed

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Susimi, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

While I have to admit I've never really been a fan of his music, there's no doubt about the impact he's had on music over the generations.

Today a musical legend, the sort of which we'll probably never see again as gone, and that's a sad time for everyone.

3. 111kg

111kg Guest

Just wanted to leave this here:

[​IMG]

4. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Yes, i heard about that very early this morning. He really made his mark on the music scene and was one of the most well known singers of his generation. I think that whether they were fans or not, almost everyone over 40 knows his music. He left his mark on the music scene for sure.

5. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I've seen this on the news yesterday too. He is truly another big loss to the music and entertainment industry but his music will definitely live on for generations to come. Artists may die but the legacy they leave behind will keep on living and burning. He has fought a good fight with his cancer. May his souls rest in peace.

6. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

R.I.P. to a legend. David Bowie definitely was a pioneer with his music, lyrics, and his fashion.

7. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

He may have seemed very strange in his outfits and make-up, but his music made him and it's gonna be remembered and loved for many years to come.

8. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

He had a good life, he did what he enjoyed doing (how many people can say that), he had artistic and commercial success and created his own image. His work inspired many, not only to be artistic, but not to follow the herd and to be who you want to be.

9. phoenix2015

phoenix2015 Well-Known Member

I liked a few of his songs as a kid. "Little China Girl" comes to mind. But I was never a huge fan. I just never got in to him that much. To be honest, I never sought out any different material of his than what I heard in the mainstream, so mine is a limited opinion. RIP Mr. Bowie!

10. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

While I recognize his enormous gift to the music world spanning many years, I can't say that I was ever a fan. To "prove" that point, I'm sitting here trying to think of a single song of his that I liked... not only can I not think of one I liked, but I honestly can't even think of any songs of his at *all.*

But that's neither here nor there... the music world has lost one of the original "big guys" and that's sad. Add to that the devastating results that cancer always causes. :(