Day Trading - Scalp

Discussion in 'Trade Journals & Stock Tips' started by ciao, Sep 22, 2016.

1. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

MRNS I like it for Monday ... will DD further

Marinus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (MRNS) 2.22 +0.46 (+26.14%) pick up few more cents in a/h but only on 23k volume
    Day's Range 1.75 - 2.38
    Volume 6,399,238
    Avg Vol (3m) 914,418

MRNS has surged by nearly 23% today after the company provided an update on its Phase 2 trial evaluating the efficacy of open-label ganaxolone as an adjunctive therapy for uncontrolled seizures in female children with PCDH19 mutation and other rare genetic epilepsies. The study will now be expanded to 50 patients, from the previous figure of 20. Marinus Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:MRNS) shares are still down by 72% this year after ganaxolone failed a late-stage study in mid-June assessing its efficacy in treating adults with drug-resistant focal onset seizures. The number of hedge funds in our system long Marinus Pharmaceuticals stood at three at the end of the second quarter, with them holding approximately $1.3 million worth of the company’s shares.

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Thanks. Well, while working not much time to muck around except make choices in the pension options -- usually went with aggressive options -- and bought a few conservative stocks. I remember buying Burroughs in 1963, while in finance classes at university, sold it in 1966 needing money for grad school. Had I hung into it to help buy our first house in 1968, that $600 would have paid $15,000 toward the $17,000 property. Would have, could have, should have. Now retired, conservative, about 5-7% speculation... DHT, FRO, SFL mainly... but don't daytrade. I try to pay attention to sectors and shifts, but in this century CSCO, INTC and VZ have been the most consistent performers for me. Always dividend reinvestment; dollar averaging purchases until retirement.

JR's wisdom helps, and I pay attention to the traders on CNBC Fast Money (my favorite show).

• Like Like x 1
  3. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

Hiya baudwalk interesting passages ... in those days if one woulda bought and kept some stocks today coulda have many $$$$$ :p:)
    I do invest on long divi stocks here (Italy) but went I found what I was best at scalping first and day trade with a longer time frame I came to do it in USA 'cos I found there is a lovely volatile stocks that goes up beautifully and it is like honey ;):D
    I have few rules within my strategy one is I only trade stocks above the $ to $10 maximum ...plenty in that range to scalp.

you can come to post whenever you like ... any stocks are welcome if not for me could be for someone else
    either viewer or hope someone will come and post "unity is strength" so the more we are the best we operate-produce
    $$$$:cool:;)

enjoy the Sunday ...

4. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

[​IMG]

keep an eye on this one if not Monday not too distant IMO will breakout ... that resistant if broken
    to $3 then $4 not impossible if momentum continue

as always do your own DD and decision ...... Iamneverright

Edited// got the chart to work

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't do too many day trades myself - if I do it's when something unusual happens or gets announced during market hours. But it's good to see a dedicated day trader actually sharing what he is doing.

I tend to hold most positions days or longer. I'm usually looking for that big double digit (or occasionally more) pop that almost always occurs between market sessions. If the pop is upward on a stock I own, I'm usually selling some or all of my position. If the pop is downward, I'm usually buying or buying more if I already own it... speaking in general terms, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

Hi JR thanks to post ... your strategy.is interesting...
    that is how to do it... each trade the way they are most comfortable and bring in the most $$$$ of course :p:D
    I started as a swing.long hold but didn't do too well ... as I like things to happen quickly and not much patience to wait ... I turn to scalp and is perfect for me .... but to be honest I wasn't too good with swing :(:(:D

Any way if I decided to stay here (hope more members post) I will explain my strategy-plan ... I trade for ticks-pips-cents (get in take 8/10 ticks and get out do that 5-10 a day it make a nice lump-hoard by the year end ;))

you are welcome as well to post some of your tips here :)

take care

7. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

I got my few stocks for today + my scalping list with my faithful ..those that have a waive to scalp regardless
    plus I keep an eyes those already mention MRNS FH
    BLRX see my post #20 Friday news out ... could be some more today near the breaking point ...JMO
    NVAX still hot maybe if it hold 2.23/.26 could see 2.40 and above maybe not all today
    ATEC will watch specially on the first hour ... did well on Friday
    then MGT SGYP HEAR this one close near hod so could open well

all the above are just my opinion doesn't mean I am right so do your own DD and decide for yourself

edited// corected.... wrote MTNS instead of MRNS

8. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

Tokai Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (TKAI) 1.68+0.03 (+1.82%) Day's Range 1.48 - 1.85
    keep an eye on this one the $2 should be too far away but DD

9. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

10. ciao

ciao Senior Investor