Day Trading - Scalp

Discussion in 'Trade Journals & Stock Tips' started by ciao, Sep 22, 2016.

1. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

I post this one apart because you said isn't in my range ;):D but some other might like it
    but post all the same because those big caps I started to play with options (open AAPL AIG AMZN)
    strange because earlier in the day I was DD on AAOI and ACIA come out as well reading about it and had a quick DD .... interesting

[​IMG]

2. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

just done a new hod 5.24.... grrr shoulda look at it earlier :D nice call Fireopal :cool:

[​IMG]

broken the line ..... resist 5.65 with more volume could get close to that but might not break it at first attempt
    I see it few days that is moving .... maybe good swing but still interested in scalp-day trading for now ..

DD that is JMO

3. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

4. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

if i had not gotten locked out yesterday, you would have known when it was around $4.80. Took profits @ $5.25 and good thing too because closed @ $5.31 and last i checked it was back under $5 so may be more buying ops to come before it really moves up. Don't know much about company either and have to do more DD but seeing all those insider buys with chart was enough to get me jumping in real quick, especially when i saw 2 had recently picked up 1+M each at $4.20 and they definitely aren't looking to scalp anytime soon so this should be heading much higher at some point :)

5. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

Still have to learn about options but still working on getting enough courage to play that other direction.. made a small fortune shorting DRYS on "PAPER" all the way down from $8's and too bad i didn't play for real :mad:
    ACIA was a great play last summer and even at the beginning on the way down - was on of my go to plays and seems to be right on that edge so hoping it moves north and i am not forced to take a hit on this one :oops:

6. Jenn

Jenn Senior Investor

VEEV...nice right here. I bought some @ $51.30 for a scalp

I know Ciao will be happy :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jenn

Jenn Senior Investor

I sold @ $51.54...nice scalp

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Just sold my last 100 shares @ $1.75.

9. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

[​IMG][​IMG]

not only I am happy but very pleased for you...... hope it will be the first of many more ... wishing you all the $$$$ of luck
    :):p:cool:

10. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

I think I got the newbie lucky on options..... I have been profitable but don't fully understand them.... :(:rolleyes::)
    years ago I did trade short ... doing scalp in reverse but then I had problem to get the stocks with my broker so give up
    today I believe there are many "shorter" brokers and easier to get the stocks but not too easy to open an acc, to a non resident
    good luck :)