Day Trading - Scalp

Discussion in 'Trade Journals & Stock Tips' started by ciao, Sep 22, 2016.

1. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

hi Longtermbull
    many ppl confuse scalp with day trade... scalp it is a 2 max 3 minutes trade (many time could take just a candle) after that it is day trade ..
    referring to myself as a scalper my target is 10 ticks
    if it turn against me I get out and try to safeguard my capital otherwise I let it go to my target ...
    remember that some time we could be loaded so it only need few ticks to get a good return (example yesterday I had 5k shares on AVEO I got 14 ticks ... count that *5 = excellent scalp (isn't always like that tho)
    with this market and so many stocks going up + with more experiences when it get my target but stock still going strong then I will keep the trade open until I see the first weakness (L2 ) but that is regarded as a short day trade one can even look at teh 5 + 15 min chart and hold it for hours and so on ....but the real scalp it is an in out in few minutes .

I don't work on % but ticks ......

2. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

SXC back over $10. BOOT is another one that you may want to keep on watch - back over $7. DMRC still making new highs even with an offering with one specific unnamed person and price target raised to $50.

3. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

IMGN still giving - waiting on next pull back.

4. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

Nice to see Fireopal here ... shame I missed her ... you were right on IMGN it double since you call it... well done:)

5. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

many green today ... done my scalps on CLF SRCI GNCA happy with it ... ;):p:D

6. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

BOOT has a been a great bottom play & good ER yesterday pushed it higher. RDFN (IPO) is another one that folks might wanna keep on radar - nice $$ there too :)

For those that like to play short which is new to me >> ICPT has been a great one lately. MTBC ER due b/f bell and may also be another good short candidate at some point today.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  7. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

CF moving nice today

PIXY back over $5. ADOM is trying to bounce back up :)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  8. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

CARA up nice this morning

Back to add a couple other that some might wanna keep on radar. Looks like QBAK & ABEO on the move again.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  9. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

Lot's of nice plays today and ZYNE was one - down big so might want to keep on radar.

10. ciao

ciao Senior Investor

yesterday done (again) 2 nice scalps (pre market)on DRYS ( one was excellent $$$$) and one on TOPS :p:cool:
    DRYS is my biggest $$$ winner of 2017 .... with just a very quick in-out ... luck ;)