Day Trading

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by Helen Epperly, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Helen Epperly

Helen Epperly Senior Investor

Day trading is one of the most popular trading strategies in the market. Obviously, there are as many advantages and disadvantages as possible when choosing to be a day trader. Day traders typically close at the end of a day trading session, switch off, and skip the market until the next session. Not all brokers allow all kinds of strategy. But Eurotrader has no trading restriction.

2. John Fernandis

John Fernandis New Member

A stock alert service can help you manage your portfolio in a better way. In intraday or day trading alerts of these services are helpful if you are not good in analyzing the stocks and do not have much time to watch business news every hour.

No doubt day traders leave the session once the market is closed for the day however to make strategies for the next trading session, one needs to keep update about the news, hedge funds movement, partnerships, global news etc.

3. Linda Smith

Linda Smith Senior Investor

Forex trading is not a game. It has so much risk. Every trader should learn the basic knowledge about forex before entering into the market. Lack of knowledge can put them into the big problem. knowledge about forex can be learned by many ways. But the best way of learning forex is to open a demo account. This can help him to get knowledge, by which he can at least make profit slowly. When I was new in this market, I gathered knowledge by opening a demo account in TP Global FX. It helps me to know about forex, about trading. I also know what is good for me and what is not. I am still trading with them. They are really helpful.

4. akaira deshmukh

akaira deshmukh Member

Day Trading:- Day trading usually refers to the practice of purchasing and selling a security within a single trading day. While it can occur in any marketplace, it is most common in the foreign exchange (forex) and stock markets. Day traders are typically well-educated and well-funded. They use high amounts of leverage and short-term trading strategies to capitalize on small price movements that occur in highly liquid stocks or currencies.

Day traders are attuned to events that cause short-term market moves. Trading based on the news is a popular technique. Scheduled announcements such as economic statistics, corporate earnings, or interest rates are subject to market expectations and market psychology. Markets react when those expectations are not met or are exceeded–usually with sudden, significant moves–which can greatly benefit day traders.

Day traders use numerous intraday strategies. These strategies include:
    Scalping: this strategy attempts to make numerous small profits on small prices changes throughout the day
    Range trading: this strategy primarily uses support and resistance levels to determine buy and sell decisions.
    News-based trading: this strategy typically seizes trading opportunities from the heightened volatility around news events
    High-frequency trading (HFT): these strategies use sophisticated algorithms to exploit small or short-term market inefficiencies