Dems discuss dropping Wasserman Schultz

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, May 25, 2016.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/281147-dems-discuss-dropping-wasserman-schultz
    The discord between Clinton and Sanders is reaching a fervour pitch. CNN, MSNBC and Fox News are carrying the stories in detail, each with their political slants. Unless the email business derails the all-but-presumptive nominee (which I doubt), the Philadelphia-based convention may well be overflowing with rancour. And Schultz isn't helping the party.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

4. JR Ewing

Most who are not Clinton shills agree that the FBI will recommend an indictment just based upon what is already publicly known about the case. But the million dollar question on everyone's mind is whether Lynch will follow through - or whether her boss Obama will (or has) instruct or signal her not to.

If she doesn't, she's probably toast like Eric Holder pretty much is. And those in the know are saying that if she doesn't, we are likely to see FBI leaks and mass resignations over it all...

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I don't expect Valarie Jarrett and BHO will give marching orders to Lynch, nor do I expect Lynch to act on her own. But I have been wrong before and will be again. Even if the Dems win, I would expect Lynch is done.

6. JR Ewing

What I'm thinking about is Lynch's political (or other) career after the Obama admin.

I have no idea what Holder is doing now - I'd guess that he or Obama probably called in a favor and got him employment somewhere. I'd guess that he'd have a hard time finding a high paying job for anyone other than a crony, and my guess is that he'd have a hard time getting elected or even appointed to any political post - but stranger things have happened.

Jay Carney went to work in PR for Amazon, no doubt as a repayment of political favor. I cannot imagine him being elected to any office, or being hired by anyone who did not owe him or his boss a favor either. But again stranger things have happened.

Lynch apparently had a very good rep before being appointed AG. I believe she soiled that by letting the IRS crooks off easy. And I think she will ruin her name, political future, and credibility if she lets Hillary off. But I guess that she too will get a job somewhere in the private sector with an Obama crony after the new admin gets into office.

7. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor