Did Iran's Ayatollah Issued a "Fatwa" against Developing Nuclear Weapons?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Or are these claims/stories made up by Obama, Kerry and group? In a speech he made Obama suggested the Ayatollah's "fatwa" against building nuclear weapons was proof that Iran wasn't interested in making nuclear weapons.

But . . .
    So which message should we believe? Death to america or no to nukes?

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

But here i thought Iran developed nukes along time ago, why is President Rouhani bluffing?!...or maybe i don't have my facts right!...i just hate the way leaders like taunting each other with such elements...instead of building nations, they are eager to tear them down...beats me :(

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Iran might have nuclear weapons obtained from N Korea. According to some articles I read earlier in the day, Iran will deny that they have any nuclear weapons because in case they are attacked [now] they won't be able to "deliver" a "devastating" response. Until then they'll want to make it appear like they are edging closer towards being a nuclear power. That would give them "prestige" and that knowledge, that they have nuclear weapons will deter any of their perceived enemies from attacking them because . . .

4. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

The slide of hand to give the perceived notion that we are playing nice. Do they have weapons of mass destruction? I don't know. Neither does anyone else. So what is the USA going to do? They are going assume that they do.

In grade school, if I'm not mistaken, they do pledge death to America, every school day. Kind of how American kids pledge allegiance to the flag every morning. But they say death.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

They pledge death to America in grade school? And death to Israel obviously? It would be hard to change the attitudes of kids who've been brainwashed into believing that so Americans and Israelis are their enemies when in fact, save for being concerned about Iran having nuclear weapons, no one really gives a hoot about Iran.

6. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I hope this isn't going to change into another weapons of mass destruction crusade, and "WE" the United States of America will barrage on in there and try to find it, then switch it up and say, "we are here to liberate you from Iran dictatorship".

Send a peace convoy. Ask questions. Then leave them alone.

7. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I think this time round if there's going to be any aggression it will be done through a proxy. Israel has been quite vocal about their intentions. They want Iran attacked. The U.S would of course stand by them but not be directly involved — Russia promised to help Iran in case they were attacked and the U.S and all their allies aren't ready yet to fight Russia so they won't be liberating the Iranians any time soon.