Did you learn about stocks in junior high or high school?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by jason, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

I learned a little bit at high school, but to be honest I didn't really take much interest in it, which is quite ironic now given that I ended up in the industry. I think the earlier people learn generally about personal finance, the better. Learning about the stock market should only be a subsector of your personal finance study, and not the focus itself. People need to know the basics before getting too deeply into learning about investments.

2. btatro

btatro Member

There was absolutely nothing available to me in either middle or high school. We had an accounting class In which we basically learned how to balance a checkbook (which I don't do), and that's it. I think it is a wise topic to cover, however. I would have likes to have that option.

3. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Guest

No, i learn the little that i know from the media. I took it upon myself to research the information because i was hearing a lot about it on the news in the evenings and i was clueless to what they were talking about. I am able to connect at a level which is better than how i started out but i need to be in a more comfortable place from where i am today. I am interested in it and would like to follow through on investing one day when i am able to do so. I hope that being here will shed some light on the dark areas related to stocks and trading for me.