Dip Feeding Money Into Idex Tracker Funds

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Matt0029, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Matt0029

Matt0029 New Member

I currently invest money in to the stock market by index tracker funds, I have done so for about 2 years. During which time there has been 2 corrections. During these I transferred some lump sums in taking advantage of the market being down. I am wondering now with the markets approaching all time highs again, and these being just about longest bull market in history whether to start putting cash in a savings account again. As surely things cant keep going up and a bear market is due? Any thoughts on this? Thanks

2. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

The problem here is that interest rates are so low that when taking into account inflation your money would actually be going down in value in relative terms if held on deposit. That said I dont think there is anything wrong in reducing your exposure and even looking at stop loss limits.

3. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

The day it is wrong to take a profit is the day that hell freezes over - where to put profits, well that is a whole different ball game :)

4. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Maybe gold might be an interesting hedge? I hear that is where some of the "clever" money is going?