Disturbing Study Reveals Most Men Don't Wash Their Hands After Using Toilet

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I could give the market researchers the same result not even having to poll anyone because there are men in my house. I know for a fact that they do not always wash their hands after using the toilet! The things people waste money on...

2. Chello

Chello Member

I wouldn't say it's a huge waste of money. What do you need, a camera or something like that?

And yes, I've seen it numerous times. It's rather disturbing, if you ask me, but I still have my doubts about the truthfulness of this study. Even if it's true, I will be baffled. I remember my mother teaching me wash my hands when I was little more than a baby, haha (well I don't really remember it, come to think of it), and I've been doing it ever since. I don't only consider it normal, I think it's just a thing that has to happen.

What are the parents teaching their children, I wonder.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Why not?
    http://www.realjock.com/article/1533
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/majority-men-dont-wash-hands-6502229
    But that doesn't necessarily mean this is an exclusively British problem.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

As a British male, I can fully believe these studies as I'd say probably most of the people I know don't wash their hands after using the toilet. I'm not sure what value the study as though in terms of purpose.

It's not going to shame people into doing it I wouldn't have thought so it's findings will just be filed away and never used again I'd imagine.

5. turt

turt Guest

Well, there's certain bathrooms where washing your hands will make your hands dirtier than they were before! And if you use an automatic urinal, you technically don't even need to touch anything but clothing...

6. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Does anyone else hate those blokes that hang out in the men's room to wash your hand for you and expect a tip?
    There was always this one guy I remember, he would always bring textbooks with him to make it look like he was studying so people would be willing to tip him better.
    Well one book he had was a physics book and my buddy was a physics major. He pointed out the book was about 20 years old and would never be used in today.
    The guy had no idea what to say when called out on his lies...

7. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

All this study has dome is stated the obvious. The funds allocated to this research would surely have been better off being used for some sort of handwashing promotionial activity instead.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

To be honest I don't think I've ever been in a bathroom and some random guy as offered to wash my hands for me, and to be honest I don't think I want to either!

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure it was many millions.

I wash my hands frequently, and always sanitize before eating, and after using the restroom or doing anything else "dirty".

I've noticed some coming in and out of public restrooms who won't even wash after coming out of the toilet, doing #2, and presumably wiping... :(

10. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Probably an obscene amount of taxpayer's dollars went, eh-hem, down the drain. Pun intended.

As to its findings, well, I'm a borderline germaphobe, so am pretty fastidious about that kind of thing. So, not all us guys are grubby. ;)