Disturbing Study Reveals Most Men Don't Wash Their Hands After Using Toilet

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Sep 26, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

These organisations that fund these studies obviously have to much money in the first place to be able to conduct worthless surveys like this.

Please don't say it was government funded, and my tax as gone towards this, although if it was it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

2. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

This is pretty disturbing... We shake hands with strangers all the time but we never talk about this. I do wash my hands after using the bathroom, and I've noticed that in the mans bathroom most of them wash their hands, but this also could be a social thing, they are probably doing it because if they don't, other people will see them as dirty or unhygienic.

3. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

That news can be very disturbing once you think about restaurant workers. If the general population avoid hand washing, how do you know the habit doesn't spill over to the restaurant business? Of course, restaurants do tell thier employees to wash their hands.

4. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

Yes restaurants do tell their employees to wash their hands but how would they know if they used the washroom and didn't wash their hands. They would have no control over that. Now you got me thinking. I worked in a restaurant so I know how easily that could be overlooked.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I can't say that this study surprises me in the least. I try to avoid public restrooms as much as I can but I see people go to the bathroom and not wash their hands all the time. Pretty gross. It takes probably ten seconds to wash your hands. Don't see why people choose to be so lazy.

6. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

This doesn't surprise me. They don't see a big deal about it. My husband even has to be told to wash his hands. It's gross, they deal with food and other things, they should be more hygienic. But they're male, so I don't expect much. ;)

7. knitmehere

knitmehere Well-Known Member

This made me laugh, mostly because I thought that this was common knowledge and don't know why a study needed to be done in order to prove it.

That being said, there are germs everywhere, and the things that come out of our bodies aren't always the worst things that we could come into contact with. As long as YOU are washing your hands after using the restroom, before eating, after touching other people, etc., then there shouldn't be any worries on your end.