Diversification might mean something else

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by My401K, Mar 21, 2015.

1. workinglady20

workinglady20 Well-Known Member

No I don't really think I would pay $40 just to smell like that. I would much rather go to Burger King to eat a whopper. I don't eat there a lot but I have once in a while in the past. It does seem crazy to have a burger fragrance but some people may like it though. I prefer to smell like vanilla or anything else that is sweet. I wonder what they will think of next.

2. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Maybe a mouthwash that smells like what French fries taste like?

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

What is the correlation between burgers and perfume?...i don't even have an answer for that, who came up with that idea anyway?

4. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I recently just read that this fragrance is somewhat of a collectible, due to the fact that there will only be one thousand units made. Does that change the aspect for some of you?

5. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

It's a novelty, that's why it's only selling in Japan. BK doesn't EXPECT Americans to buy it, obviously.

6. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I find it a strange association really, I don't like perfumes, but if I did I would not buy a burger smelling one, so it's a risky concept and idea.

7. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Well as I said earlier this is probably just a marketing trick. And conveniently we are already on page 2 of this discussion, so at least on this forum it worked pretty well. ;)

8. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

It's obvioulsy just some promotional stunt in Japan. Having only 1000 available will provoke a sense of desire in some people, who will be thinking they are buying a rare collectors item which will multiply in value over the years. It's unlikely to be the case though. This is just a marketing exercise, designed to get BK some extra media coverage.

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I stay away from "chicken" sold by fast food burger joints - on the rare occasion I eat fried chicken, I'll usually either hit up Popeye's or a local joint.

10. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

This sounds funny. Maybe they're trying to experiment about the idea in Japan first and if it works they'd intoduce it to a bigger market.